Last night the hubs and I took Cooper to the mall. I used to LOVE to go shopping but motherhood has caused me to be an at home type of person so much more. Don't get me wrong, I still love to shop. I get some sort of rush and happiness out of getting something new. It makes me feel good. But spending time with my husband and son in the evenings and weekends brings me even more happiness. Needless to say, I don't shop to much anymore.
We got to the mall and walked in. I have a few gift cards with $15.00-20.00 on them from Christmas time leftover. We first went to Macy's were I found some really pretty yellow paisley sheets 350 thread count (not the very best but not horrible).
We just threw away 2 sets of our favorite sheets we got for our wedding almost 7 years ago. So we are in need of some more sheets. Anyways, the sign showed them on sale for $29.99. I was soooo excited! I of course bought them. When I went to check out they tried to tell me they weren't supposed to be that price, that someone had changed the sign. They were actually $60.00 sheets, but they gave them to me for the $29.99 because it wasn't my fault someone had changed the price. SCORE!!! I ended up paying $10.00 with my gift card.
I attached a pic of my purple room, yes I said purple. My husband is such a great guy he let me paint our room eggplant with white woodwork. I love it. We have lots of sort of a pale mustard yellow and white in there and it looks great with the purple. We have red and burnt orange sheets too, they look great with the room color as well. Anyways so here are our new sheets! I love them. Don't worry I didn't actually put the sheets on the bed, I just made it look like I did. I still need to wash them, but I wanted to share them with you guys so I did a fake out. But you get the idea. Thats why you can see the fold creases on the pillows, haha.
While at the mall we also got stopped often with people wanting to see our sweet little Cooper. He is quite the crowd stopper and he doesn't have a problem with smiling a beaming smile to each and every person that passes us either. I don't mind people saying "ooh, aah, he's so cute". But I just don't want anyone touching and you know they try.
We also went to the Gap and got Cooper a new onesy. Super cute, brown and orange stripes. It will look great on him. I only had to pay $6.00 because I had a gift card for the Gap also.
Next we stopped by forever 21. I bought myself a new shirt too. It is cream colored with navy thin stripes. I really like it. I only had to pay $7.00 there because of yet another gift card. YAY ME! We did such a good job. I think we left paying only a little over $20.00 total the entire trip. I was very excited and proud of this mall trip.
Moving on to the spit up. My poor little Cooper as some of you may know has acid reflux really bad. We were able to find some meds that work really good for him. But sometimes when the bottle gets really close to being empty the meds don't really work very well anymore. Its a compounded med.
So the past few days Cooper has really been starting to spit up again. Nothing too terrible but definitely more than he should be. Then this morning we had an all out blow out!!! He wasn't sleeping well which should have been my first indication that his reflux was acting up really bad today. He had an all out crazy bad projectile spit up all over himself and his clean cute clothes this morning, Right into his car seat which we had just put him in because we were both leaving to head out to go to work. My poor baby just sat there covered from head to toe in spit up and cereal. It was so sad, but yet I knew he wasn't hurting because he managed to look up at me and smile a huge cutey pie smile through the yucky spit up covered face. I cleaned him up dressed him nice again and off he went to Mimi's. We are getting his meds refilled right now. I hate that he is having such a problem with the reflux when he doesn't get enough meds. But they really work when they are strong enough. I'm just glad it hasn't burned his throat yet from spitting up to much because then he cries out of pain and its so sad. We will get him all fixed up before that happens.
Onto my last subject. Wow this is such a long post. Sorry ladies :)
TV shows! I'm really getting bored with the fact that so many of my favorites are on a hiatus of some sort. Gossip Girl, 90210, Americas next top Model, all the MTV shows. Like the Hills which is no longer on (I'm so sad, I loved to see all the fashion). Or the City on mtv. I don't have enough to watch when I just want to sit back and relax after Cooper falls asleep.
Right now I am watching the bachelor, One Tree Hill, Greys and Private Practice, Desperate housewives, and Brothers and sisters. I know there are so many other good shows out there. I just don't like to start watching later in the season. So if there are any other good shows you know I would like please let me know. Next year I will definitely watch them.
And last but not least, what would one of my posts be without pictures of my sweet and tiny~ Here he is from the past week. After a bath, playing, and wearing his sporty car shirt and Adidas jogging pants courtesy of my friend Elizabeth.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing









15 comments:
Beautiful sheets! I am like you and LOOOOVE to shop. It gives me a rush and instant happiness. Some might call it an addiction, I call it a hobby :) So cudos to you for being so thrifty! Those are my favorite shopping trips, the ones I don't feel guilty about afterwards.
Cooper is just a doll, he is absolutely adorable. I wish you lived closer and were able to make the playgroup Erin put together, it would be so nice to meet you!
I love those sheets! Coop is such a sweetie, always smiling. I'm a little amazed you aren't aggravated by all the people. I guess our double stroller attracts the touch-y wackos!
Ohhhh beautiful sheets! Love them! Good job at the mall!! I love when I get away spending a little, but still getting great deals!!
Ohh poor Cooper, sorry about the reflux, hope his medicine works well!
I'm watching American Idol right now, love it! And Bachlor & Desp. Hosewives & Bro & Sisters. And I record Ellen & Dr. Oz everyday...Ellen really makes you laugh! :)
Hey, just found your blog! Cooper is so cute! I've been wondering where Gossip girl is too! What's up with that? Our TV line-ups sound really similar! You should try the Monday night comedies! How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory are two of my favorites
he's growing up so fast!! adorable!
Love the new sheets - and, of course, the bargains! I am so with you on the "thrill" of bargain shopping. Feels good to get some steals and go home and enjoy them!
Great pics of The Coop, as always. =)
As far as the shows go, my hubby and I like to watch a little more "grown up" shows after Clint goes to bed. We LOVE: Nip/Tuck on FX and Big Love on HBO. And when a new season starts, we also love True Blood and Hung on HBO.
But I'm with you on the MTV shows. I want the Hills and the City back! I can't wait to see how Heidi's family reacts to all that plastic surgery!!!
Do you watch the trashy VH1 reality shows? I'm guilty. I just watched the finale of "For the Love of Ray J" and usually watch any of them that are on. lol
Okay, last stop. What about Project Runway on Lifetime, followed by Models of the Runway?
And then there's Bravo with The Real Housewives.
See? SEE? I could NEVER get rid of DVR. Never never never. These are all the shows I watch on weekend mornings when I'm letting the hubby sleep in! lol
yay, for saving money...it makes you feel good to get great stuff for little money:)
those pictures are adorable
Arn't those the best days when you get so much for practically nothing! Love the sheets. Hammer always teases me for painting our bathroom "pink" - it's cranberry, hello!
Oh man, he is CUUUUUTE!!!! What a smile. He's going to be a heartbreaker for sure!
And I love eggplant and purple together!
Don't ya just love saving money??! Well I LOVE the sheets, they are a perfect color & Coop is adorable, as usual!
You did great at the mall babe!!
Love those pictures.
Sheets look very comfortable, good deal! Mr. Coop sure is a cutie. I miss the Hills too! :(
Yay for new things and gift cards! I love the sheets and of course Coop is just too cute:)
We also watch Modern Family, its pretty funny!
It's amazing that they can yuke all over themselves and be perfectly happy, right? I love to shop too, but that has gone by the wayside for a little while! Too much guilt involved since I'm only working part-time! I don't watch the Hills without LC, but did you see Private Practice the other night??? I couldn't imagine!
Post a Comment