Well we were supposed to go out of town this weekend for my brothers birthday. However things changed drastically when we found out Julian's dad was going to have to have a very serious surgery Friday afternoon. His father has a history of heart problems and last week found out he had a fully blocked blood clot in his leg. His foot had gone completely numb causing him to be in severe pain.
He was put into the hospital and they tried to remove the clot but did not have any luck. They planned to call in a specialist to try to remove the clot on Friday but while waiting for the specialist and for the surgery he developed a hemotoma in his other leg. Things got very serious and we ended up rushing to the hospital to be with his family on Friday. My best friend and her husband kept Cooper. Thank God we had them to help us out.
We spent the entire day and night at the hospital. The surgeon came and spoke to the family and told them that he would try his hardest to remove the clot and drain the hematoma as best he could without having to amputate. They were afraid his foot had gone too long without circulation. The surgery didn't happen until 9:30 Friday night and was over at 2:30. Thank the lord everything went as best as could be expected. There were tons of prayers being sent out for him and I know that's what helped.
We stayed at the hospital until 3:15 and once we got to see him in recovery we decided to go home to get some rest. The past two days have been spent back and forth from the hospital. On top of it all, I am sick. Yesterday I started to really get a bad cold, On top of not sleeping I wasn't feeling very good at all. Today I stayed in bed until 5:00. But my sweet husband went and picked up dinner to go and rented a movie. We postponed our Valentines day celebration for next week sometime.
This weekend definitely didn't go as planned but I thank God that everything turned out OK. His dad has a long road ahead of him for recovery and they haven't even started to try to figure out what caused all of this. But with prayers and support, we will get him back to being healthy. He will be in the CICU for atleast another 3 days or so before they move him from that area of the hospital. The dr. did say he would have to have a nurse come to the house every other day to care for the hematoma. They were unable to close it up. Hopefully he won't be in the pain he was in before they removed the clot though. We are so thankful the surgery went well.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
oh my gosh, i am so sorry to hear that about your father in law
glad they were able to remove the blood clot and he is in my prayers that he gets better soon.
I am sorry the weekend turned out as it did. But, I am glad that things went as well as they could for Julian's dad. We will send prayers your way for a speedy recovery!
That is really scary! I am happy to hear that the surgery went well. I will keep him and your family in my prayers!
Praying that he continues to improve and for your family!
how scarey....but i sure am glad things turned out ok....praying for a speedy recovery!
Post a Comment