Thursday, February 11, 2010

annual visit to my O.B. and here is what he has to say..

Well today we went in for my annual with my favorite doc Nil. We took Cooper because he hasn't gotten to see him since the day he delivered him. Cooper of course was all smiles and flirty with all the nurses and even gave a huge grin to doc Nil as well. He loved him. As well he should considering that he is probably the first face that Coop saw when he came into the world. And considering the fact that I basically lived at the obgyn's office my entire pregnancy. Going in way more than normal. Sometimes twice a week. Anyways everyone loved Cooper and he made quite an impression. Dr. Nil even said "what a ham" as Cooper smiled up at him dimples showing and eyes adoring. I wish I had a picture of it. So cute.
Julian (my husband) went with us so that we could talk to Dr. Nilson about the issues it might cause if we were to wait another year before trying for number 2. I have told you ladies before before that I would love to have another baby right now. Pregnancy, childbirth, having my angel baby here with me has been such a gift from God. I can't help but want to do it again. I can't help but to want Cooper to have siblings that are close in age to him like I did growing up. However I don't mind giving Cooper a few years with just us before rushing into more children either. Anyways, I asked my Dr. If me being 27-1/2 would be a problem for us to wait to try again in about a year. Since I have PCOS. I just know that age doesn't help with any issues that are pre-standing. Luckily for us he told us that he didn't see any reason why we couldn't wait a year. That although yes time is against us. He doesn't feel like waiting a year will make or break my ability to get pregnant. PCOS is going to make it hard weather I'm 28 or 29 years old.
We are in the process of paying off our first IVF loan and will definitely start trying as soon as its all paid off and we are able to focus on getting pregnant again. Right now we will just enjoy our little miracle Cooper. He is by far the most amazing gift. I am grateful to God every day for the beautiful family he surrounds me with. I am truly blessed.

On another note. I have a very very good friend. She has been in many of the pictures on my blog off and on. We hang out with her and her hubby every single weekend. Her name is Shannon. She is suffering with being diagnosed with being Pre-menopausal and having a light case of endometriosis. She also doesn't have regular sized ovaries and when being stimulated by fertility drugs is limited on how many eggs she can make. Her husband was diagnosed with a low sperm mobility. I hope I'm getting all of this right. Anyways. They are going through a difficult time right now and are turning to prayer and to God to help them through this journey to having children in their future. Shannon just started a blog to help get prayers and support as they start this journey. They are scheduled to do there first IVF in May. Please go by her new blog and feel free to follow her or offer her up encouraging words as they begin this stressful journey. http://ivffirsttime.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-october.html
Please lift her and her husband up in your prayers.

Thanks for listening ladies.

Julian, Cooper and I are going to visit my family this weekend. Its my little brothers 25Th birthday. I can't hardly believe my baby brother is 25. I will share pics on Sunday or Monday when we get home. I'm excited to see my family. Its been 3 weeks and Cooper is getting more and more hair every day now. I bet my mom will be surprised at how much he's gotten since she saw him last.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

Momma Wilson said...

Glad your appointment went well and Mr Coop was able to "show off" a little for the office:) I joked with my doc towards the end of my pregnancy that I was just going to set up an office there. I was there almost everyday!

I'll be sure and check out your friends blog. I have Premature Ovarian Failure/Pre-Menopause too.

Jennifer said...

I am very happy to hear your appointment went well! Little Cooper is a very lucky guy -- you are such a great mom :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend will definitely keep her in my prayers.

xo

Bethany Lenhart said...

I will be praying for your friend Shannon. So glad your appointment went well :)

Thanks for your feedback on being induced. It helped so much! How many weeks were you when you were induced? Were you dilated at all before being induced?

Lori said...

I will be praying for your friend Shannon.

I am glad that your appointment went well. I love your attitude about your son, I love that you recognize what a blessing he is. It is very uplifting!! I have a slight case of PCOS, and it is so frustrating! I just would love to know how it would be to be normal, have a normal cycle, etc! It is not fun, and I'm sure you can identify with how I'm feeling.

Lindsay said...

Glad you had a good appt. Happy Bday to your brother and have a good weekend! Praying for your friend :)And good job on almost having the IVF loan paid off! :)

Lea Liz said...

Glad your appointemnt went well!!!!

Praying for your friend!!

Juliana said...

I am hoping for the best for you. I have a 21 month old son, but right now cannot get pregnant again safely...it could kill me or the baby--an dI want another child sooo bad but would need a surrogate and cannot affor that...so I know how you must be feeling. Cooper is just stunningly handsome, heck your whole famiy is and I am so glad that i found your blog tonight!

I found you through Annies blog and am so glad that I did. I am now following your blog. I hope you will come by my blog and follow back if you would like. It is very nice to met other bloggers. Happy Valentines Day. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A Blog

Erin Helgerson said...

I will most certainly pray for your friend Shannon, and for you! You are the best mommy ever and I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be a momma to one or many more babies!
You and I are exactly the same age (well, I might be 27 and 3/4 -- smile) and my baby brother is 23. I can't believe it either! They grow up so fast.
Have a great weekend with your family!!!

Mama E said...

I'm glad you got good news! Sorry to hear about your friend. My cousin also has endometriosis and had a very hard time getting pregnant. A quick recap of her story for your friend to have hope:

She got pregnant without trying when she was 19 and didn't think anything of it. Her husband and her wanted another and tried and tried. It took 5 years. By this time, she knew of the endometriosis. After her second, they never used protection so that if it was God's will, they would have as many children as possible. She suffered a miscarriage. 5 years later, she had her hysterectomy scheduled, but her OB couldn't perform it on a 30-something woman without one last try with Clomid. Clomid worked. Her third is 10 years younger than her first and was born in December 2008. They had so many troubles that they didn't use any protection after their third. Wouldn't you know, God had His own plans. They had their fourth on January 23rd! She is baby Sydney I just referred to in my recent post!

God can work miracles, as I know you've seen in Cooper. :)

P.S. She swears she is DONE, by the way. 4 is her limit. LOL Unfortunately the endometriosis is still very prevalent and she will have her hysterectomy this summer.

The Denoves said...

Thanks for Sharing! I am going to go read your friends blog. The age thing is always on my mind and I am glad that you shared that aspect becuase it calmed our fears....Well...we are going to do our first round of IVF next month. Keep us in your prayers!

Mama E said...

Thanks for commenting back so quick!

BTW, my 2 older brothers and I are all 5 years apart too. Now that we're all grown, married and have little kids, there doesn't seem to be a 10 year gap between my oldest brother and I and there seems to be NO gap between my middle brother and I. Kinda funny how it disappears as we get older. :)

beckylbranch said...

I don't think your age will effect you having another baby...I have PCOS too and it took us a LOOONG time to finally get pregnant. My rule was before 30! We did clomid, the ovulation shots and all that...were fixing to start an IUI...them bam I got pregnant on my own. I never ovulated when I was supposed to! God has a plan of his own, I definately would NOT prevent it....my friend told me to just have sex for seven days straight after I quit my period and it worked first time for us without any drugs! I always thought those were days you did not ovulate, but obviously I was wrong! worth a shot anyways! I tell all gals about that with PCOS b/c it's impossible to tell when you are ovulating....your son is just precious! take care! Becky