We went to visit my parents this weekend. It was great. Saturday we went to my little cousin Sarah's cheer competition, it was really fun. Then mom and I went shopping while Cooper and the hubs took a nap. Saturday night we all sat down to my dads famous Mexican casserole. It was as usual delicious. We ate, watched a movie together and then I ate a nice full plate of tasty blackberry cobbler. Cooper fell asleep so good (I always worry when we aren't at home and he can't sleep in his crib). Oh and guess what I'm so proud to announce that my son no longer sleeps in a bathtub (no water) when he visits grandma and grandpa. He is now a big boy who will sleep all night long in a pack and play like other kids will!!!! Yay Coopy!
That's right we tried it for the first time this weekend and he did a great job. Slept all night long. I was really happy he did so good.
So this takes us to Sunday morning. I wake up and stumble into the restroom. I look into the mirror and to my surprise I have "hot face" as my husband called it. My face was BRIGHT and I mean fluorescent hot pink red. My cheeks, forehead, and chin were all blotchy and discolored and swollen. I didn't even feel a thing while I slept.
I have no idea what I'm allergic to, I bring my own pillow and we ate dinner fairly early so we decided it must have been the yummy blackberry cobbler that I'm allergic to. I've eaten blackberries before but apparently I should stop now. It took 2 Benadryl's and the rest of the day for it to go away completely. I went to church despite the horrible blotches. Because I knew it was an allergic reaction and not something contagious. I felt stupid though, but I wasn't about to miss church just because I didn't look very pretty. Although it was tempting.
After church Julian and I packed up and had to head home so we could go to my best friends birthday dinner. It was at a restaurant called Shogun. MMMMM its so good. Its a Japanese steakhouse. They grill everything right there in front of you. It was delicious. I just love the vegetables. They are my very favorite, smothered in unhealthy amounts of soy sauce. The birthday dinner was adults only. I was sad, Yes I know this is corny. But I hate leaving Cooper with a sitter on the weekends. I miss him enough during the days at work that on the weekend he goes where we go. But since it was my best friend and she wanted an adult night out we went for her. It was really fun and Cooper had a good time with my bf's parents (they watched him).
I don't drink a whole lot, I enjoy a glass of wine every now and then but I hate beer and shots, never again!!! My drink of choice used to be amaretto sours. I loved them. So sweet and tasty. However through our years of infertility and trying month after month, year after year, then pregnancy I haven't had one in forever. Recently a friend introduced me to a new wine. Its called Fuki. Oh my gosh! Its delicious and reminds me allot of amaretto sour. I got myself a nice glass of Fuki wine last night and all the ladies ended up getting some also. It was quite a hit.
If you like sweet drinks you would love this stuff.
We had so much fun laughing and talking with our friends and the chef. :) He was funny and I kept trying to ask him questions. He came to the U.S to be chef. It was funny hearing what he thought about parenthood and cooking. He was a funny guy. I have pictures of all of us there, I'll post them tomorrow when I get the chance.
When we went and picked up Cooper he was a little fussy. He has been obsessively chewing and sucking and chewing some more on anything he can get his hands on. Poor baby will really get all hectic acting and shove his whole fist in his mouth chomping vigorously. He is definitely in the teething process. Anytime he isn't biting on something he is crying. Poor baby is in pain. I hate that this will last for like another year. Horrible.
Well that's pretty much our entire weekend. I hope you all had a good one.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









14 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend minus the blotchy ness and the allergic reaction. Are you going to go to the dr and see if you can figure out if thats what you are really allergic to. Glad he can sleep in a pack and play now yippy cooper :)
Sounds like a great week! Go Coopy on sleeping in a pack and play!! Sorry about your reaction! I know what you mean about leaving your lil guy with a sitter! Mist is 6 and I think we have only left her a handfull of times just because I feel bad..I want to include her in everything we do!
Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I'm sorry Cooper is in pain and teething. I'm sure you've probably been doing this, but if not, you can give motrin and then tylenol (keep switching off) every 3 to 4 hours. It should help lower the pain level a bit.
I am a wine lover, so I'm gonna have to try Fuki!
Yay for Cooper sleeping in the pack & play! I hope you're allergic reaction is better and thankfully it wasn't any worse than it was! We have a Shogun about 30 mins away and I love it too! It is SO good! Hope you have a great week!
Sounds like a fun girls night out. My boys too can't get enough of their hands in the mouth. Poor little guys.
You were sooo right. Nights out do wonders for your marriage, no matter how hard it is to leave the little ones. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure they miss us much!
Sounds so fun!!! Oh I love Shogun's!! And I;m sorry you had hot face :) glad you're better!! And yay for Coop sleeping in the pack-n-play!!
xoxox
I LOVE Japanese steak houses, we go to the one near out house at least once a month & next time I go I will have to try the wine you suggested!!
Sounds like a great weekend, despite the reaction! I'll have to look for that wine, it sounds delicious:)
Well goodness! It sounds like you had an absolutely awesome weekend! I am so glad to hear that Coop doesn't sleep in his bathtub anymore (even though that is hilarious)!!
And shoot! Now I want Japanese & wine :(
I supposed I'll have to try Fuki in about 9 months or so :)
aww.. i hate teeth! but i have found that teething tablets help A LOT!! they are all natural too:) i hope some teeth break through soon.. they say it is most painful when they are still under the gums! good luck:)
Yes, you can get the Playtex teethers at Target. Walmart might have them but I haven't checked. I actually bought mine at Kroger (grocery store) in the baby section. Obviously Motrin helps but these do too. I also found that putting a froze slice of apple into one of those Mesh Feeders gives them something to chew on and they can get vitamins as the same time. Hope that helps!
Hey Girly!! Yes I knew IVF blessed you! I think that most of us if not everyone of us have been through infertiliy treatments and I love to hear the success stories!!!
Great to here he slept all night in his Pack-n-Play! That stinks about your allergic reaction to the cobbler, at least you new what it was. Sounds like you guys had a great dinner, I'm going to have to keep that wine in mind. I don't drink either but I do love a glass of wine every once in a while.:)
Post a Comment