Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cooper is 4 months old today

The time is passing way to fast. Our little angel son is 4 months today. The hubby and I are loving every single second of our life with Cooper. He is such a happy, joy filled baby boy. He grows right in front of our eyes every single day.

Here are some of the things he's doing these days.....

-Cooper can stand while holding our fingers and he can stand for what seems like forever. He never wants to sit down. He is go, go, go until finally he wears himself out and goes to sleep.
-He is such a playful little boy. Always playing with toys, sticking EVERYTHING in his mouth.
-He is talking up a storm, He especially likes anything that starts with a G. He says Gaaaahggggggeeeegaaagaaueeeyyyyggg g g. Its constant, He loves to just talk away.
-Cooper laughed for the very first time January 10th. 2010. We were at my parents and my older brother Matt was playing with Cooper. He had him propped up on the couch and was in front of him leaning in and getting him with the tickle monster hands. I walked in from shopping with my mom and sis in law and heard this adorable little giggle. It was all low and sort of hah, hah, hahish. I ran into the living room to see my son laughing. OH MY GOSH "MATT HE'S LAUGHING". Matt goes.. "Yah". I was like "HE'S NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE, OH MY GOSH, JULIAN COOP IS LAUGHING". It was awesome.
However he hasn't laughed since despite my constant tries. He seems like he's always on the verge but just can't do it. I tell him, "Coopy, did you think uncle Matt is funny looking :) is that why you laughed at him and not mommy".
-Cooper is now taking 4 ounces sometimes 4-1/2 ounces every 4 hours. We try to give him 5 ounces before bed. Sometimes he takes it sometimes he doesn't. This is a new thing so we will see how it works.
-Cooper is the most cuddly sweet little boy EVER. He will lay his head on my shoulder and love me. Then he's ready to play.
-Cooper LOVES his exersaucer, but only for about 15-20 minutes twice a day, and he prefers for us to be right by him watching him play. His toy has this little frog/lizard guy that lights up when you touch it and it sing "red, yellow, and blue-ueee ooh ooh ooh". Its really funny and it sounds like its from the 70's but boy does Coop love that thing. He just talks as it sings. So cute.
-Cooper loves to have quiet play time with mommy or daddy sometimes twice a day. He likes to lay down on the (clean) rug in his room and we just fold all his clothes and laundry while he lays and smiles and talks to us. He's a big helper.
-Cooper goes to dinner with us and sits patiently on mommies lap while I eat. He is such a good boy.
-The things I expect to start happening soon are... He seems to by trying to learn to sit on his own. (he's still really wobbly but he's working on it). He is SUPER slobbery and has to be biting, not sucking but biting on something all the time.
I'm pretty sure he started the teething process, even if it does take a while for them to come out.
-He LOVES his baby Einstein car toy that lights up and sings and he throws quite the colossal fit if he doesn't get it turned on when he wants it on.
-Cooper has a mind of his own, even at 4 months he knows what he wants and when he wants it and if he doesn't get it at that moment. or if it takes mommy and daddy a little time to figure out what he wants. Boy does he get mad. We are working on how to teach him to control that. We'll have to do that when he can talk to us and understand us though.
-I like to say that he has quite the "spicy" personality, just like his momma, but can be super laid back still just like his daddy.

We love Coop more than I ever imagined I could possibly love someone. He is amazing. I thank God every day for him and pray for his life and health and happiness.

We love you sweet Coopy monster.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

20 comments:

The Undomestic Mom said...

cute pictures! his room looks so adorable!

Just Believing said...

i see how much he,looks like yo uin these pictures!!!

Faith hates sitting to she only loves standing which is hard on mama's back :)

I love that our little ones are so similar in age because Faith is drooling alot, almost sitting up and more :) its so fun to read what other babies her age are up too!


Your doing a wonderful job mama! What an awesome little guy!

Lauren said...

AHHH!!! He is such a doll!!!

Unknown said...

He is adorable. Happy 4 months. Caleb is so fat hahaha he eats 7 ounces every 3-4 hours and 8 ounces before bed. He is huge! Oh by the way again COOP IS SOOO CUTE!

Jessi said...

Happy 4 months Cooper! I love the stripey jammies :)

Newlywed Next Door said...

SO cute! Happy 4 months Mr. Cooper!!!

Mama E said...

Cute train jammies! My hubby is a railroad engineer, so Clint's room is done in trains and he has lots of little outfits! :)

Lindsay said...

Handsome little man!! He's precious! I know what you mean about the first laugh...I cried, it was just the most beautiful noise I had ever heard!!!
Enjoy that sweet little angel!!!!

Bethany Lenhart said...

Such a CUTIE!!!!

Erin said...

Time is going so fast and he is getting so big! How cute is he , I hope he continues to be a big helper with the laundry when he gets bigger ha ha ha :)

Lea Liz said...

Girl he is just too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy 4 months Cooper!!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Happy Month Day Cooper!!! He is just to cute!!! I LOVE the pj pants!!

Paige said...

Happy 4 months Cooper! I love his pj's! I'll never forget the first time Charli Beth laughed, it's such a special moment in their steps! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Rebecca said...

Soooo cute! You're going to have your hands full once he figures out how to get moving! The laughing is the best...I could be in the worst mood and I hear that and everything else fades into the background...it'll happen again, I promise!

wildmary said...

I'm just cruising some "Next Blogs" and landed on yours. I'm a mother from northern Michigan who went through years of heartbreaking fertility treatments and happily ended up with two healthy baby boys 16 mos. apart. When our oldest son was just 8 mos old we already wanted another! I'm not saying infertility parents love thier children more than others, but I certainly feel the super appreciation for your son in your writing. I have seen this again and again with these special parents. They didn't have the luxury to take having children for granted. Nothing was assumed, it was earned. They WANT their kids. It never changes. My boys are in their mid twenties now and I cherish every interaction with them. Of course we get angry and frustrated at times, but things are in perspective. I loved getting up in the middle of the night to feed them because I just couldn't believe they existed, I was eager to wake up to check and make sure! I'm sorry to ramble, but all those years ago there was really no one I could relate to. All my friends "got pregnant when he looked at me"...I hated that expression! Appreciate every moment, having children is a priveledge and a joy. Forgive my lengthy comment...keep on blogging!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

He is such a little cutie!!

Caroline Rentzel said...

man he is soo cute! just wanna pinch his checks, cute. and he's getting big!! well I've fallen off the blog world but im back :) miss you cuz. wish I could've been at your mom's birthday!!

Erin W said...

How adorable! He's growing up so fast... It a hard pill to swallow sometimes. To just watch the time fly by. As you are, we are enjoying every second of it.

Coopy Monster (so cute by the way) is such a smart little one! It's amazing how they know our reactions to things already. And we too are trying to figure out the best way to handle those "tantrums". They are too young to understand things.. (I think?). :)

Kim said...

Happy 4 Months Mr.Cooper man! :)