I took this little questionnaire from the blog of Katie over at http://katiefinn411.blogspot.com/
I think it sounds like fun and I always love to read stuff like this so I figured I would do it also.
Here goes: OUR STORY
1. What are your middle names? Mine is Sara and Julian's is Wayne
2. How long have you been together? 11 years together (since we were 16 years old) in June 7 years married.
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating? I knew Julian for about a year and a half before we started dating. He was dating another girl. His best friend was dating my best friend so we sort of ran into each other.
4. Who asked who out? Julian's friend asked me if he could give Julian my number. I told him no (ha-ha, I was only 15 and I was shy to the boys). We saw each other again later that year and I ended up giving him my number but nothing really ever happened to much with it all. Then a year later, another friend of his asked me if I would go to the dance with Julian. Man his friends really wanted to get us together! So I said yes. Julian started to call me and a year later we were "dating" for real. We've been together ever since.
5. How old are each of you? We are both 27
6. Did you go to the same school? Yes, High school.
7. Are you from the same home town? Yes, we were both born at the same hospital only 2 weeks apart. Crazy huh..
8. Who is the smartest? Definitely Julian. He's such a smart man, Sometimes I just feel like a big ditz around him. I'm not I promise (well not all the time, =)
9. Who majored in what? Julian went to A.P school. Airplane Mechanic school at a college in Tulsa. I started to get my elementary education degree so I can be a teacher but then I got married, started working full time and quit school. Not the best choice on my part.
10. Who is the most sensitive? ME!
11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? We went to Cancun together for our honeymoon. That's probably the farthest.
12. Who has the worst temper? Me again! I have a big personality what can I say.
13. How many children do you want? I want 4, I think Julian will have however many I want. However we will have to find a way to make enough money to support them all. YIKES.
14. Who does the cooking? I do but any time I have to fry hamburger meat, like for spaghetti or something, Julian does it. He has some special powers and puts seasoning salt in the meat and its SOOO good!
15. Who is more social? Me, I talk way to much. Its true. I can talk to anyone, I somehow can strike up a conversation with anyone if need be. He's really good at making people laugh though in a dry sense of humor way.
16. Who is the neat freak? He is more neat than I am but neither of us are "neat freaks". I sort of wish we were though.
17. Who is the most stubborn? (Clearing of throat, uhhhem). That would be me AGAIN!
18. Who wakes up earlier? He does, He's always been much better at getting up in the mornings. I'm way to lazy and tired to get up. I have to be woken up multiple times and basically scared by him saying "your going to be late for work" and that will get me up. I've been doing better since Coopy came along though. I get up for him because he means the world to me.
19. Where was your first date? The 9th grade dance was technically our first date. But our first real date we went to see the movie "Private Ryan". Interesting first date choice huh.
20. Who has the bigger family? Um I think I do. I have a large family on both sides and he has a large family on one side but not the other.
21. Do you get flowers often? I used to but lately no. We focus lots of our money on stuff for Cooper.
22. How do you spend the holidays? Oh its quite the busy crazy time for us.
The night before Christmas eve we go to my parents and spend the night there. Do Christmas eve morning with my family. Christmas eve day we go to Julian's dad's family. That night we do his moms family. Christmas day we do our own Christmas at home and then go to my Grandmas for dinner where my entire family is at. Its allot but its so much fun!
23. Who is more jealous? Neither of us are really jealous.
24. How long did it take to get serious? We probably thought we were serious way back in the beginning when we were 16 or 17 years old. But I would say our senior year in high school is when we really started to believe we were together forever.
25. Who eats more? Definitely him.
26. What do you do for a living? I work as a receptionist at a pipe supply company. Julian works on aircraft engines and parts and he also has his own Mechanics shop.
27. Who does the laundry? Pretty much me, but he'll move the laundry from the washer to the dryer for me. Because I complain about it being to heavy. I'm such a weak bum.
28. Who's better with the computer? Probably him but I'm getting more computer savvy these days.
29. Who drives when you are together? Always me, because when he drives I criticize allot and it drives him crazy. Its actually kind of funny because I don't even realize I'm doing it. But he's always telling me I am. So he won't drive unless he has to now, which is fine by me.
30. What is your song? We sort of have two. Our first song is from when were 16 years old. Its called "Patience" by guns and roses. Its a good song. But the week of our wedding I loved this song called "No letting go" By Wayne Wonder. Such a good song. You should go check it out. As a matter of a fact here's a link. Listen. We made it our song as well. Its a great song and the words are good too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvJi8INoyUw I love this song. It reminds me of our wedding week. Such a great week of my life. Such great memories. I love that a song can take me back like it was just yesterday.
Check it out.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









14 comments:
loved reading this:)
I loved reading this, too :) so cute to see you've been together since you were 16! we have been together since we were 12! i love a good sweet love story :)
I'm so glad you did this...so cute! I can't believe you two have been together for so long!! That's the perfect story...oh, and I love that you were too shy to speak to him and now you are the one with the most personality...haha! I'm going to steal the idea.
this was so neat to read! I remember back when i was litttttle, you were up late on the phone with julian trying to teach him a song on piano or something and your mom came in and got really mad, haha. love this post.
I'm totally doing this too!
Such a cute couple with such a cute boy! :)
well, that was fun! but, you? have a temper???you look and seem (through the blog) sooo sweet!!!!:-)
and thats cool finley is on your name list...cause cooper would have been our boy name if she would have been a boy!...well, cooper was my #1 choice, and we all know that when it would have come down to it, my #1 name would have won out!!! afterall, isnt it the mother that has to do all the work (pregnant, labor, delivery...), we should get our pick!!!
Thanks for sharing, i linked your blog to mine in my post because i did this too. lol
I too am the same way with driving. I can't help it though. haha
It just seems like no one drives quite like i do
I love this, I will have to do it! We are so much alike, I am the emotional one, I am the stubborn one and more social! :) I find it funny that you do all the driving!
Awwwwww Taylor Swift has nothing on you, you are definetly living your love song.
Hello Wonderful! Just to let you know I nominated you for an award on my blog. Go check it out!!
http://beckiesinfertile.blogspot.com/2010/03/tonight-i-give-you-blogging-award.html
I loved reading this!! You guys are too cute!
& Oh my goodness, I'm pretty sure you guys have the SAME timeline of dating & how things worked out as we do!! That is so crazy!
Loved reading this too!! I might do it too! So cute that you guys have been together for so long! My hubby and I started dating at 17, and I am pretty much the same as you as far as stubborn, emotional, social etc- it's all part of the package =)
Oh and funny we both were majoring in education, quit and got married! At least we love our lives right? ;)
I love that you were high school sweethearts so romantic!
Post a Comment