Thursday, October 8, 2009

I spoke to soon about the poo

Today things took a whole new turn with the whole not having any bm's. Our sweet angel son gave me the most collosal poo I've ever personally witnessed in my life!!
Let me set the scene for you all. Here I was taking him into his room to put him in an outfit and take him out of his sleeper. We change into a nice little onesy with some cute matching sweatpants. The onesy said "daddys team" on it. So sweet :).
I was telling him "Daddy will be so happy to see you in this cute little outfit when he gets home, he will like this one buddy". We then proceed to go to the living room where I start to feed him. But he wouldn't eat, he was having some gas so I thought maybe he needed a minute. I tell him "Well Cooper man maybe I should check to make sure you didn't poopoo for me finally". I had barely slipped my finger into the side of his sweatpants before I felt it. The warm disgusting yellow poo that was oozing from the top of his pants. It was like daddy daycare when the kid goes to the bathroom and the whole bathroom is covered and Eddie Murphy is staring in horror at every wall except this time it was my child. Within seconds I knew that this was a new kind of blow out. One we had never had before. I took him quickly to his room and put him on the changing table where I slowly proceeded to pull of his pants. Which by the way had poo in both legs LOTS AND LOTS of poo. It was inside his onesy and had run up his back, it was all over the outside of his onesy. I now had it on my sleeve of my shirt as well. It took a good 10 minutes and countless wipes to get him even slightly cleaned up. Then we proceeded to my bathroom where his baby tub is. I bathed him and got him nice and clean, wrapped him up all nice and snug in his towel and took him back to his room where I walked over to the closet to pick out a new outfit for him to wear. As I am still standing on his nice zebra rug in his bedroom I suddenly feel an overwhelming ammount of water running down my side, down my entire right leg of my pants and making a freakishly large puddle at my feet. YES THATS RIGHT LADIES, HE HAD A COLLOSAL PEE AS WELL. Are you kidding me with this???? I am now a complete wreck, poo covered, pee covered, with my little naked son and his pee covered towel. I stripped down, put a diaper on him and cleaned him up yet again and sat down in his glider with him wrapped up in a blanket scared to move. So there we are both half naked, both seemingly in shock.

Needless to say I still had to clean the rug, dress my little man, and myself and now here I am blogging about it. It was insane! Ah motherhood. These are the times I hope I look back at and laugh. I did end up laughing during this whole ordeal because it was almost like a joke how everything kept happening. SIGH, I'm exhausted now.

Also I want to say that lately I have been so DITSY! I have said the most rediculous things, asked the most stupid questions. Like yesterday and his monthly birthday, HELLO Melissa, its not rocket science. I felt so stupid after asking that question. an hour after I posted that it just hit me how silly that was of me so I ran back to my computer to delete that part and repost and it was too late, I already had 10 comments. How embarrassing! You guys were very nice though, not making me feel stupid at all. I did that all on my own. When will the hormonal pregnancy brain go away, I never used to be this way.

I want to thank God today for my sweet little tiny man. No matter what kind of crazy journey he takes me on each day, I love him so very much and feel blessed that God has given us this precious gift.

11 comments:

Erin said...

Well I am glad he pooped but I am sorry it was all over you and him, same goes with the poop. I hope things get better! Will be thinking about you!

Paige said...

Awww, love you heart but that is great that he pooped! I remember those "blow out" days all to well! Just no the peeing all over me, thank goodness! Hopefully you won't have to see very many of the blow outs! I hope that your night gets better =)

Jennifer said...

Hey sweetie, right before we left for vacation in August, when the boys were just two months, they slept for like 6 hours one night. I was like "great. we're going on vaca, and it's totally going to ruin them sleeping for longer stretches." Well, while we were on vaca, they continued sleeping for longer stretches and it's only gotten better from there. The past month has been great as far as sleep is concerned. They just fell into a pattern and I rolled with it! I didn't read any books on sleep training -- we're just feeding the boys their final bottle (8oz) and letting them sleep for as long as they can. If one does wake in the middle of the night, I'll go into the nursery and rock him (while he's still in the crib -- no picking up) until he falls asleep. Good luck and I promise it will come!! I NEVER thought that with two babies I'd get a full night's rest, but I am. It's possible.. Good luck!

Emily said...

haha...Mommyhood makes everyone a little bit crazy I think! I know I am! Just embrace it and be thankful for all the sweet snuggles you get every day...after you've cleaned up the poo of course! ;)

Lindsay said...

I have a funny poo story for you one day. It's amazing how poo can get in places we never thought. It's also funny how much we talk about it when we have babies. So much fun! Glad you are dry and clean now.

Open Roads Mama said...

ha ha ha, awwww! cutest story! I won't be able to count how many times I got BB all nice and ready to go out, dressed in nicest outfits, etc, and he poops up to his neck right when I get him all set up in the car seat... I don't know what it is, babies pick the funniest times to poop sometimes ;) Glad Cooper's is doing well!

Mandy said...

You survived! Some days thats all I tell myself to get through!

Lea Liz said...

OH goodness I have some of these stories and I hate to say it but you will only have more:) At least he is healthy and you know his belly isn't hurting!

Valerie said...

I miss those poopy baby days and would love to have them back just one more time!!! LOL

Glad that the poop worked itself out! I thought the opposite of what most of your readers said...I thought breast-fed babies pooped frequently b/c breastmilk is so much easier to digest and goes thru their little system quickly. It should be bright yellow and seedy in nature.

Once you introduce the formula, they are going to slow down on BMs b/c formula is harder to digest. It will also change the color and consistency of their poop.

Aaaah, motherhood. Don't you ABSOLUTELY love it?!!!

Blessings,
Valerie

P.S. I'm doing a give-away for my 1-year blogging anniversary. If you love to scrapbook or paper craft you will love this!!!

Lived With Love said...

thats great news :) xx

Erin W said...

You are too funny! I was cracking up. Luckily I haven't had a blow-out yet but I know my turns coming. Soon you will read about one on my blog :) haha. I did have a pee pee story not too long ago but that's about all the excitement I've seen when it comes to the potty time.

Ps. By the time I read your blog you had deleted the entry about the Birthday/Month thing. I couldn't imagine why people were commenting about it. I went back and re-read your blog 3 times to see what I was missing. hahah.. Needless to say, I am the one that feels silly now. :)