Tuesday, December 1, 2009

TAM tag

Today I received a TAM (True Authentic Mom) tag from Erin at the Williamson family blog http://everbrooke.blogspot.com. I am following what she did on her blog. I am supposed to post 5 things that make me a true authentic mommy.

Here goes....

1. I read Cooper a book and rock him every single night until he is almost asleep and then put him in his crib telling him night night. It works great and he loves to fall asleep in his crib. Its nice quiet time for us. Sometimes daddy does this with him too.



.....................................................................................


2. I rush to go get Cooper every night after work and plan on spending every waking moment I can with him once I have him. I go to bed so late just because I'm playing with him or talking to him, bathing him, feeding him, reading to him, you name it. Sometimes I actually get sad when he starts to drift to sleep because I know I have to put him in his crib and go to bed myself. That means I won't get to spend anymore quality time with him until the next day when I pick him up. I wake up and give him his morning bottle every other day but other than that I don't see him until after work. Working is so hard. I miss him like CRAZY!
.....................................................................................

3. I love to put hats and shoes on Cooper. Its one of my favorite dress up things to do. We have tons of different little winter hats, tons of cute shoes. I feel like it just adds a little something. He just looks so cute in them all.
Not to mention its becoming quite freezing cold outside and our Coop hates to be cold. I just have started putting shoes on him. They didn't fit until now. Here are a few of his shoes/hat pics. We have a ton so I just picked these out of the bunch.







.....................................................................................

4. Every time we go to Norman to visit my parents we have to take the bathtub with us. Yes for bath time but mainly because Cooper can't sleep in his pack and play and he loves his bathtub. So we let him sleep in it when we are there. Whatever works right? Usually he wears clothes when sleeping, One of these pictures were taken when he was just hanging out and I set him in his bath. So funny, he just loves it.




.....................................................................................

5. Coopers diaper bag is literally overfilled with things he "might need" throughout the day or when we go out. Its ridiculous I'm sure. I look at other moms diaper bags and wonder how they have anything in them when mine looks like its about to explode. I have all the usual items, burp cloths, diapers, wipes, clothes, socks, bottle, formula, a hat, 2 pacifiers at all times, a thermometer, a blanket, possibly a pair of shoes, a changing pad, mylanta for the reflux, a rattle. More things I'm sure that I'm just missing some.
Not to mention the items I lug back and forth to his two sitters house. Its insane.




Now I'm supposed to tag 5 other people. I can't get my link option to work on my blog. I'm not sure of another way to do it so I will just list the blogs I chose below.

Jennifer at blonde ambition
http://jennsblondeambition.blogspot.com

Kelly at Two kids a minivan and a lot of love
http://www.oxboroughchaos.com/

Emily over at Powell power
http://5powellsinatlanta.blogspot.com/

Erin over at Its all about Alex
http://alexandramaryschuler.blogspot.com/

Lea Liz with the Roland family
http://rolandbaby.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the TAM Tag :-) I'll have to do mine when I get home later! xo

Lea Liz said...

thanks for tagging me girl, Im going to do it later!!

I loev hats and shoes for Brody too and I have kept them on him since he was born and I still do!

My diaper bag looks the exact same way..my mom always says my bag is way to heavy but WHAT IF I need something????

I love how he sleeps in the tub, so cute!!

Rebecca said...

The bathtub idea is genius! Reading is the best...it's my kids' favorite activity now...you'll be glad you did it!

Emily said...

Thanks for the tag! I love the bathtub thing...that's so funny!

Ange said...

I just bought that book - "On the night you were born" and can't wait to add it to our bedtime ritual!

Erin said...

Thank You :) I love the bathtub, that is a great way and how funny ! Loved reading this, hopefully I can get to doing it! I am so behind in posts right now!

Just Believing said...

I love your bedtime routine so sweet!

Faith sleeps in a drawer still she just gets overwhelmed in her big crib so we are slowly transitioning and she's doing wonderful so I totally get the bathtub thing! :)

Alicia_B said...

I love all of the hats!!!!! So cute!

Unknown said...

The bathtub cracks me up! He looks so comfortable!! It is so funny how little ones choose what they like and do not like at all.

Laura said...

Found you through Jenn's blog. I think it's so funny that he sleeps in his bath tub sometimes. :) You are so right about doing whatever works! :)

Caroline Rentzel said...

love the second book you are reading him! My mom read that to me when I was younger. what is it called again? I was talking to a friend today actually about how she cant help but by her little girls books. And it made me realize that I can remember a few toys that I played with but most of them are all a blur. What I can remember most, is my momma reading to me all kinds of books like berenstain bears, cat and the hat, angelina ballerina ha. OR if you give a mouse a cookie... man do I miss that book! I could go on and on, but the point is you doing great things with your little man by reading to him so keep it up :)

Brianne said...

What a cutie!! I had a daughter first and I mean come on they have the cutest stuff for girls and when I found out I was having a boy, I was thrilled but disappointed that I would be missing out on all the cute girly clothes! But then I started shopping for him and found out that there are some really cute things for boys too and I loved dressing him!!

Love him in the bath! Whatever works!

Jessi said...

he is seriously just too cute! love all of the hats and shoes. also loved the story time pictures. that will be a special time for him as he grows, fond fond memories!

Lindsay said...

So precious! I love bedtime reading, too! I still love the naps in the bathtub...so awesome! Not a bad idea actually...easier to pack that a bouncy seat or pack-n-play! Space saver tip huh ma'm?!?

Momma Wilson said...

Don't you love that tub, we use that one too!

Erin W said...

So fun! I had no idea he slept in his Bathtub. That's adorable! And yes, whatever works. They are only babies for so long and if it makes em' happy then it makes momma happy :)

My diaper bag is way to full also and when I look at other moms with little diaper bags I want to ask them how they do it. This here momma has to be prepared at all times. And in looking back, I am always glad that I have the extra clothes, blankets, etc. That "big" bag has saved me :)

Kim said...

He is such a handsome little boy! I love looking at his photos! Great list!

Open Roads Mama said...

I love your photos! Little Cooper looks awesome in his little outfits, hats and booties :)