Friday, December 4, 2009

Pure insanity

I feel like lately my life is full of complete insanity! Its always go go go, and we have to do this and we need to get that. No time to just hang out, something always needs to be done. Our house is a complete wreck. We have all wood floors and they are so dusty and gross just from regular house dust accumulating over the past week or so. The laundry isn't done and when I start it, I never seem to get it into the dryer. So we have to start all over again. We get home from work and Julian and I are both running around like crazy people taking care of Cooper, doing bills, trying to do laundry, feed the baby, bath the baby (one of my favorite times, because he's so happy and funny in the tub). spend time with him, clean the house up (because it looks like a complete mess), I have to shower for the next day, then Julian does. We need to eat dinner, put the laundry away that actually did get done. we have errands to run. Its pure craziness. All of this is supposed to happen from 6:00-maybe 10:00 or 11:00 and at the end of it all we are exhausted.
But in light of it all, Cooper is our number one priority. Spending time with him every night is top priority. So that's what we do. All the other things tend to go to the side until we can find time, which seems to be never. That's totally fine with me because honestly when I get home from work all I want to do is spend time with Coop but sometimes, maybe once every 2-3 weeks I have to find a moment to pick up our junk in our house because it becomes unlivable.
I feel like I don't have enough time in the day.
Next week we will start Christmas shopping, which yes I realize we are really getting a late start. But we will start next week. That will make it even harder to get things done at home, to cook dinner and do chores. I need more time in my days or I need to make more money so I can hire a housekeeper and a cook. That would be FABULOUS! A women can dream can't she :)

9 comments:

Erin said...

Thats life . . busy busy go go but you are right Cooper is the number 1 and spending time with him in the most important. I have learned to put the cleaning aside, the laundry will eventually get done ( or just keep buying new stuff ) and everything will find its place. Just remember Cooper is number one but its ok if he cries for a few minutes so you can change the laundry or unload the dishwasher, once you come to his rescue he won't even remember why he was crying :)

Anonymous said...

I think full-time working moms have it harder in many ways than SAHM. You have to get so much more done taking care of kids/home in a much shorter amount of time!
A few suggestions that have helped me (though I don't work full time out of the home). Try to set certain days to do certain tasks. For example, do laundry on Saturdays, errands on Sundays, cook a few meals to freeze for the week on a certain day, etc.

Mandy said...

I don't know how you do it! I'd lose my mind! I am glad I picked an early bedtime for the girls, 8 p.m. That gives DH time with them after work and gives me time to do my chores. from 8-10 I can get so much done since I'm not interrupted! Granted I'm exhausted, but I'm thankful I can just plow through it all and let me head hit the pillow before the next feed.

Mara said...

I've never commented on your blog before but I've read it for a few months now. I just have to say thagt I feel exactly the same way! I have a little boy, 6 months now, and it is sooo hard to keep up with housework and errands, cooking, etc. As a matter of fact we've been going out to eat or take out the majority of the time because it's hard to find time to cook! I think it will get easier as they get older (I hope!). Just wanted to let you know that I can relate!

Mama E said...

I will join the new comment! I have a 3 month old son and also work full time. I am constantly having to rewash laundry because it never makes it to the drier!

Momma Wilson said...

That post pretty much sums up an evening at the Wilson's too! Oh what I would do to have someone help me clean and do the laundry so I can have some extra snuggles with my little guy:)

Erin W said...

Well, I am a stay at home mom and I still don't feel that I can keep up. I sure can't imagine what you must be going through. There are so many nights that I can't sleep because I just lay there thinking about everything that I need to get done the next day. Believe it or not, but entertaining a baby that's awake most of the day is like you are working out of the house. When Bry gets home from work I can start doing stuff around the house :)
I just say they are only little for so long... enjoy it. Unfortunately the laundry will never be caught up. Even if you had a maid. haha

Lindsay said...

I feel ya lady! Even though I stay home, I work from home and it is so hard. I feel like I never catch up, and I stay up way to late to finish orders. I found myself telling Miss Priss to wait when she asked me to hold her, because I was working...then I felt so bad because she is only this age once, so I just started staying up until 2am. The laundry is never finished, only sometimes if I catch up then wash a few pieces as soon as they come off then I can keep up...but that only lasts a day or two. I give up! I know it's hard, but you are doing great! I know it is overwhelming at times, but just cherish each second as I know you do, but it doesn't matter what time it is...do whatever works for you guys. You'll blink a few times and they will be in college! xoxoxox

Rebecca said...

You're totally doing the right thing...you'll never get this time with Cooper back, so enjoy it while you can! Everything else will get done with time and if it doesn't, that's okay...no one will die b/c you had to rewash the same load of laundry three times, right? Hang in there!!!