Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cooper Thomas Case


Uncle Mark, Lauryn and Cooper

First ride in the car

Our Cooper

Mommy, Daddy and Cooper Man


Uncle Matt, Aunt Jamie, Natalie and her new and only cousin Cooper!!


Grandma and Grandpa with Cooper

Our first picture as a family of three :)



6lbs 19" long.
He arrived at 3:51P.M on Wednesday September 16th.

A quick version of the birth story for now:::


We went to the hospital on Wednesday morning at 7:30 and got checked in. They started the Patosin at 9:00 A.M. they couldn't get the I.V. into my veins, they said I have allot of valves and it hurt like absolute hell while they poked and pinned me like I was a pin cushion. It was by far the worst part of the birthing experience. Once they got things going I was still dilated to a 4, I was having contractions but nothing painful just very strong tightening. In another about 20 minutes, then to a five about 15-20 minutes later. The nurse said that I had better get my epidural asap before I dilated too fast and they rushed out to get that started. The anesthesiologist came in 20 minutes later and by this point I was feeling the contractions pick up and they were starting to really hurt. They came to give me the epidural and I didn't even pay attention to the pain of the epidural. I laid waiting for it to work and noticed that my left side wasn't as numb and I was feeling a pocket of pain in my left side. I was totally freaked out that I was going to have to feel that pain through the whole birth (I got an epidural for a reason). They gave me a button to push every 15 minutes to up the dosage and I did that for about 15 minutes. They came in to check me and the nurse calmly says to another nurse in the room "Ok, she's fully effaced and a 10, lets call the doctor quickly, she's going to have to start pushing". My husband and I were like "WHAT, ALREADY". Excitement and terror in both of our voices. They ran off to call the doctor and let all our family and friends come in (which by the way was so wonderful, we had nearly 50 people there supporting us and waiting in excitement, we have such amazing family and friends). I started to make darn sure to lay on my left side and keep pushing that button for the epidural so I could get rid of the pocket I had. Sure enough about 25-30 minutes later I was numb on both sides. WEIRDEST FEELING EVER! I felt like I was picking up someone Else's squishy legs, It sort of freaked me out but at the same time it was a lifesaver so I didn't complain. Our doctor came in the room at about 3:15, we did three rounds of pushing, each round consisting of 3 counts of ten with me pushing in each three counts. I was so out of breath and unsure if I was even pushing because I could feel nothing. I ended up needing an epesiotomy and then suddenly the head was out and quickly after our Cooper was here. My husband cried while they set my baby on my chest and the most insane loving feelings came over me. I felt like It was someone Else's life I was watching. It was such an amazing feeling. He was taken from me and moved to a bassinet next to us to be cleaned and taken care of. He was healthy and beautiful and surprising us all bigger and healthier than we could have guessed ever in our wildest dreams. I was so grateful, our prayers were heard. The next day -2 days were full of a never ending stream of people and visiting to the point I needed a rest and was getting a little stressed but was still so grateful to have such great people in our lives.
He breastfed just great, although my milk hasn't come in yet. We has some problems last night with him eating and I thought I was going to loose it. The stress was setting in the lack of sleep, everything but today things are good again and our angel baby is asleep peacefully napping in his crib with a lullaby playing sweetly over his head.
I apologize it took me a while to get this out to all of you and I want to thank you all for the prayers and the support. We are so blessed.
I'll leave you for now with a few pics of our beautiful Monkey (he's got some long toes and fingers).

Enjoy!

(Oh and I apologize for any spelling errors durning this one, I'm not sure how to spell a few of these words I used so I winged it and don't have the time to go look them all up. So hopefully I didn't do too bad and you can figure out what I was meaning to say if I spelled wrong).

23 comments:

Mrs. Hammer said...

He is so handsome! I am so happy all the prayers were heard and 6#'s is amazing considering all of the possibilities. I am glad to see he is home with you!!! Congratulations!!

ashley said...

I'm so thrilled for you!!!! Congratulations, he is absolutely adorable and he's good size too! You did an awesome job. Enjoy your time with him. He's definitely a keeper. ;)

Erin said...

What a cute little man. Congrats and I am glad things went to fast and smooth. It reminds me so much of Alex birth because I had the same pain on one side but they wouldnt let me lay on that side because then her heart rate would drop.

Congrats again and I hope the feeding continues to go well! I will be thinking about you and your family!

Lea Liz said...

Oh my goodness Congratulations girl!!!!! He is beautiful!!!!!! You look great yourself!! So wonderful that he weighed 6lbs prayers were answered!! I hope you all are doing well!!

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

He is beautiful
Great birth story
He sounds like a great weight too for what you all were thinking he may be
Congratulations Mama!!!!

Open Roads Mama said...

awwwwwww, he is awesome! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the world, Cooper!

The Dimino's said...

Cooper is just Precious!!! Just found your blog a couple of days ago!! I also have PCOS and had trouble getting pregnant!!! He is such a beautiful gift from God!!! Congratulations!!

Emily said...

AHHH HE'S HERE! Congratulations!!! He's absolutely beautiful and I know you have fallen completely head over heels in love with him! Hope you are doing well...and hang in there...the first 6 weeks are the hardest.

Mandy said...

HE IS PERFECT! I'm glad he put on some poundage!! Isn't it weird to finallllly be the mommy?? I totally felt like I was watching a movie too! I'm so glad everthing worked out. Hopefully you're taking all the time you need to rest and heal-even if it means turning away your wonderfully supportive family and friends!!

And don't you love the Chicco?? My only complaint is it's pretty heavy when you have to carry it, especially with the two I have!

Mandy said...

Oh and I almost forgot....you look absolutely amazing to have just had a baby!! I wish I looked half as good a week later! :)

Connor & Mama said...

HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Oh, I am so relieved everything went well. I've been checking your page for updates regularly, so we glad to see pictures and an 'ok' review from you on everything. I am soo soo happy for you and happy he is healthy! The first few weeks are a rollercoaster of emotions--excitement, never ending love, exhaustion, pain, stress about nursing, etc etc etc. You will get through it all :). Can't wait to see more pictures.

Lindsay said...

What an absolutely gorgeous baby boy!! Congratulations to you both. I wish I lived in your area so I could do newborn photos for you. I am glad that everything worked out great and he is healthy and you are both doing good. What a miracle it is!! Good luck with everything. Remember the first two weeks of breastfeeding are the hardest...it does get better if you hang in there. Get some sleep!

Bethany Lenhart said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!

Erin W said...

I am SO happy for you! Congratualtions! He is just beautiful! I can't wait to hear more and watch him grow. Being a mom is such an amazing feeling. While there are tons of new things to learn and get used to it's worth every second and every trial. Congratulations again and I am so glad to hear that your birth experience went so well. (Totally Jealous of that) :)

Michelle said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Congratulations!!!! He is so darn precious!!! I'm ecstatic for you, what an amazing story. Cooper was obviously ready to come meet his family. I'm so happy and can't wait to see the tons of pictures I know you have been taking. God is good. Love you!
xoxoxoxoxo
~Michelle

kayjay said...

Congratulations!! Cooper is one beautiful baby and I was glad to hear your update. Glad everything went well and he is now here to stay! Congrats again!!

Lindsay said...

OH YAY! I am oh so very happy for you! He is so handsome and he was born on a good day..haha, my anniversary! :)
And please, if you have any questions about breastfeeding you can call me, I know you don't know me, know me, but please don't worry. I breastfed for 15 1/2 mos...so I would love to answer any questions, because I know how it can be really hard at first...but if you just stick it out ...it gets so so so easy ! You'll be able to feed him in 5-7 minutes! So if you want please ask me for my number, I do not mind and you can reach me anytime. That's just saying that you don't already have someone who has BF before! Sorry to ramble on, but I couldn't have done it without friends and books. :)
Anyway, congratulations again on a healthy sweet little baby boy....he's just perfect! Prayer is so powerful! :)

Alicia_B said...

Congratulations to all of you! He is absolutely perfect and beautiful!!!!

Just Believing said...

My little one is fussing so I didnt get to read the story but YEAH COOPER IS HERE!!!!!!!! What a beautiful handsome perfect little guy God has blessed you with!!!!!! Sleep when you can and know we are all so excited and praying for you!!!!! God is so GREAT!

SB said...

Congratulations! What a doll! You're going to have a heart breaker on your hands at the age of 3! :)

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

CONGRATS, MAMA! What a beautiful baby and family! He looks perfect!

Oh, and I hope I look half as good as you in our "first family pic!"

Paige said...

How in the world did I ever miss this post??!! I am so sorry that I haven't commented on it any earlier than now!

Congrats he is the most beautiful baby boy that I have ever seen! You look wonderful yourself! I'm so excited and happy for you that you had such a wonderful and blessed experince! Congrats again to you guys!

Dianne said...

Wow, what a whirlwind!!!! I am so happy everything went smoothly (well as smoothly as giving birth can be - I am terrified of the actual labor part!!!)