Thursday, August 6, 2009

A birthday and a doctors appt.

I'm now 32 weeks. Yay!
Yesterday was my 27th birthday. I can't believe I'm 27 years old. It was such a nice day though. I had a great time at work with all the work friends and the sweet gifts they gave me. One of the ladies I work with gave me a whole handful of adorable kids books for me to put on the book shelf in Coopers room. I LOVED this gift. When I got off of work I met my best friends for a girls pedicure! I haven't had one all summer and I wanted one bad. It was great. Except for the fact that I think I might have bruises up and down my right leg due to the near beating my lady did when she was "massaging" my legs. Hah, It actually hurt. But the rest of it felt great and my toes look just beautiful.
I went home with the girls all following me to meet all of our hubbies at my house so we could go to dinner. To my surprise my younger brother had driven two hours to surprise me on my birthday. He's in college at OU and is just finished with summer school and lives in Norman with the rest of my family. He works every weekend so when we go there we see him but its always so short and I feel like I never spend time with him. So this was a GREAT surprise. We all went to dinner and enjoyed the night. I got a yellow purse from my friend Shannon, I love it! Its so sunny and fun. I love birthdays, but I was exhausted by the end of the night and ready for some much needed rest.

Today we went to see the doctor. This visit was important because we have been sitting on pins and needles for weeks now waiting to see if he grows and if its enough for them to feel confident he can stay in there and grow for quite some more time. The doctor we saw was so sweet and explained things great. (Our doc is out of the office this week). He measured the baby's head, femer, and waist 2 times to get an accurate measurement, he felt like the baby had consistently grown (although he's still small and his waist is still small) he felt he had grown consistently over the past two weeks and felt good about the progress. He said to come back next week and we will measure again and keep hoping that he keeps on growing slowly but surely. If his growth declines at all thats when they will start to worry but so far we have made it this far and will definitely make it to 33 or 34 weeks. I have a great feeling that he might suprise us all and stay in there growing slowly but surely until the very end. That would be SOOO GREAT!.
The doctor said the heartbeat was great, the amniotic fluid looked wonderful and my placenta looked good. So everything else seems good. We can do this Coop. God is watching out for us.

Thank you to everyone for all the prayers. We appreciate them always.

16 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy, Happy Late Birthday to you!!! I am so glad to hear that you had a good day, got to see your brother, and great news that Cooper is growing. Hang in there, just a few more weeks. The end always seems to take forever but I know you can do it. Can't wait to see more belly pics!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday!!
I'm soooo happy to hear the great news! I've been praying and will continue too. I can't wait to see more pictures of you and Cooper's room!

Lindsay said...

Happy Late Birthday!
Ok so this may seem really weird, but then again maybe not....maybe just because I do not know you personally.
So I was all alone in the car (rare occasion)and I decided to turn the radio off and say some prayers. It was such a pretty day, I said my prayers and the last one I said was for you and Cooper. Then I happen to look up and there was one HUGE cloud all alone in the sky, it was in the shape of the BIGGEST "C" I have ever seen in my life. It was so apparent that it was for little Cooper! Kind of like God saying.... don't worry :)
anyway, I thought you should know that!!!

Have a great weekend!

ashley said...

Hsppy Birthday! I'm glad you had a wonderful day. I'll be 27 on the 10th, we're getting old it feels like. I'm so glad Cooper's doing well. I hope he continues to grow more and more!

Lea Liz said...

Happy Birthday!! Happy 32 weeks!! Glad ot hear he has grown Ill be praying that he contuines to grow grow grow!!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday! So glad Coop's update was good. Keep growing little man!

Mandy said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Grow Cooper, GROW!! Keep up the good work!

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Such great news about Cooper, i pray he continues to keep growing like he should.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a great birthday but sorry about your leg ;) I need a pedicure bad as well. I am glad that he is slowly growing :) Will be waiting to hear about next weeks appointment!

Open Roads Mama said...

ahhh, glad to hear good news!!!

Jessica said...

Thanks! I can't wait to get me one of those slings! Happy late Birthday! So happy to hear the good news! I'm keeping y'all in my prayers!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Yeah for good news! I will continue to keep my fingers and toes crossed while on my knees praying for little Coop :0) Hang in there, you two are doing great!

Bethany Lenhart said...

Happy birthday!!!! I have been praying for you and Cooper, hoping for good news!

Alicia_B said...

Happy Belated Birthday and I am SO glad to hear that everything is ok with Cooper! I bet that is a huge relief to you!

Valerie said...

Congratulations on making it to 32 weeks!!! Each day and week after this is just icing on the cake! Continuing to keep you and little Cooper in our thoughts and prayers!

Hope you had a fabulous birthday! (Those pedicure/leg "massages" can be painful! Ha!)

Blessings,
Valerie

Kelly said...

Hey there...question for you...would you want to do a baby blog swap? Email me at Koxborough@yahoo.com