Friday, August 14, 2009

33 weeks and 3 days

This week has been crazy. I feel like I've fallen off the blog world and had no time to get on and check everyone and update. Sorry for being a bad blogger. I hope everyones week went well. I'm going to try to play a little catch up this weekend on those of you I haven't gotten to check up on.

Today we went to see the doctor. It wasn't what I would call a good appointment. 5 weeks ago our son was in the 40th percentile. 2 weeks after that he was in the 35th percentile. 2 weeks later he was 33rd percentile and 1 week later (that was today) he was in the 24th percentile for his size and gestational age. He is slowly dropping in the percentages.
Thats the bad news. The good news is our doc told us that he looks beautiful and healthy. No stress and his heart sounds great. He said we can just watch him closely like we have been doing. He weighs about 4lbs 2oz right now. My main goal for Cooper is that he weighs over 5lbs at birth. I asked my doctor if he thought that was possible and he seemed to have no worries that he would make it for sure to atleast 5lbs. So that was assuring. We go back in 1 week to check his growth again and see whats going on. They said they don't start to worry or really get to involved with the size until the baby is under the 10th percentile. So we still have a ways to go.

Tomorrow is my 2nd shower. Its my friends shower. Six of my best friends are throwing it for us and I can't wait to be there and see what they have done.

Tonight I went to go see a movie with 5 friends of mine and my mom. We went to see the "time travelers wife". First of all I just bought the book in a quick attempt to read it as fast as I could before seeing the movie because good love stories are always better to read first. I didn't of course get to finish it and now I've seen the movie and don't know if I can finish the book. I CRIED LIKE A BABY!!!
for those of you interested in seeing this movie or reading the book I will not tell you any details I will simply say I was sobbing when it ended. So hard that other people in the theater were looking at me funny as I walked out with my puffy red eyes. I never cry that hard, especially not in public. I'm not a big crier but apperently that movie just wrenched at my heart. So if your interested in seeing it, Warning you will most likely cry.
As we were walking out of the movie a man was standing in the walkway off to the side. He nicely said "oh I'm waiting for my wife" and motioned for us to go past him. I passed him and said to my mom and bf "I'm so glad I didn't come with him". I meant my husband, I was so glad I didn't go with my husband because then I probably would have cried even harder. As I finished saying it though I realized how it sounded to that poor guy and I said "my husband I mean, I'm glad I din't come with him". The man said "Wow thats not very nice" but luckily I knew he was joking. My mom and friend were cracking up though because only I could blurt something like that out and bring some poor stranger into my comment without even trying. I tend to somehow start up conversations with strangers by saying random things all the time. This is just me. I talk! I talk about random things to random people all the time.

Ok well I guess its time for me to go. I'm so excited for tomorrow. I'll post some pictures and stories from the shower later this weekend.

Oh and by the way, we got our furniture in!!!!!! YAY! I'm so excited. It looks amazing, I can't wait to take pics of the nursary also so you can see that. All of these are soon to come.
TATA LADIES!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh I can't wait to see picts of the nursery! And I am still praying for lil Cooper. I'm sorry he is dropping in %, but vey happy that he is happy and healthy with a strong heart beat. Come on 5lbs...:)
I hope you have a great time at your baby shower and can't wait to see all the fun things you get!!
And I can not wait to see that movie!!! I'll cry my eyes out, I just know it!

Erin W said...

I'll be praying for Cooper! The good news is that he has s strong heart beat and he is still growing. I'm sure that he will come out a strong 8lbs baby... he's still got time :)

As for the movie... I went to see it this Past Friday night too. I guess pregnancy affected me in the opposite way. I don't think that I could have shed a tear if I wanted to. Now, watching the Notebook on the other hand.. I would cry like there is no tomorrow. (haha).

Can't wait to see pics!!!!

Paige said...

Still praying for your family! I don't mean to continue to compare Cooper to Charli Beth, but what is funny is that what the estimate weight of Cooper is right now is what Charli Beth was born at! How strange huh?! But I just know that Cooper is going to be a little chunky monkey whenever he arrives!
I hope that your shower went great and I can't wait to see pictures!!

Erin said...

I am glad that the dr appointment went ok and I hope he continues to grow and you get your wish of 5lbs! I can't wait to see pictures from your shower!

Emily said...

Another shower! How exciting! And furniture! Wow, it's all coming into place.
I'm reading the Time Traveler's Wife now and the book is practically making me cry. I know the movie will.
I am so glad that Cooper is healthy and strong despite his little size. Do they know why he is so small? Will he catch up once he's born?
I hope these questions don't make you uncomfortable...I'm just curious.
Will be praying.

Mrs. Hammer said...

I'll continue to keep little Cooper in my prayers and pray specifically for him to reach 5 pounds :) Enjoy your shower.