Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Neat freak!

I'm not usually the type to constantly want things perfect around the house. Now that being said, The last few weeks something has changed. My hubby and I cleaned the house over the holiday weekend (of course me being on light duty) but it looks AMAZING! My mom also came to visit and helped me in our yard, it also looks AMAZING! The entire house is looking its best right now. So last night I go to cook dinner and I cleaned as I cooked, I even swept the kitchen quickly after I cooked just in case something fell on the floor. THIS IS SO UNLIKE ME! I like this new me because its so nice to come home to a clean house. I guess I'm slowly getting my energy back from the first tri-mester sick tired stage.

I'm 22 weeks this week. YAY, I'm so close to starting 6 months. Although its going by slow its weirdly passing by fast too! I don't know how to explain it? This week I just started to really realize that there is a big chance now that my placenta is rising from my cervix opening that I might actually be able to give birth. That scares me. I normally don't let myself think about this sort of thing because I know God will take care of me but I've just been realizing I might have to push this little baby boy out. YIKES. Its scary!

We are really starting to get into all the baby prep. The room is slowly starting to be put together. Our showers are being talked about more and its all so exciting!
I went and bought some new shirts this weekend. I actually bought some regular non-maternity shirts. The style right now is so perfect with the high waste lines and bubble look. So I found so many that I had plenty of space in and why the heck would I not buy in style shirts that fit even if they aren't maternity. Now trust me I don't look like a young in shape girl wearing them, I look pregnant but they fit and still have tons of extra space. So why not?
I'm still not in maternity pants yet. They just don't fit right. The legs are always so big and the butt. I need a pair of jeans that fit like mine do but with the maternity belly in them.
I've considered getting a pair or two of cheep jeans and having my aunt sow in a panel. Until I can fit in the maternity jeans.

As far as how I'm feeling, I've been feeling good. I'm having some growing pains. Those round ligaments at the lower side of my stomach are really hurting and stretching. But its so worth it. I've also been noticing that I'm feeling sick If I don't snack throughout the day. I had stopped feeling that way toward the beginning of the second tri-mester but now it seems to have started up again. I'm not sure if my blood suger is low or what?
Our little guy is moving so much. He moves allot after I eat and around 11:00 and 6:00 every day I feel him for sure. Then I feel him sporadically throughout the day. We go back to the doc on June 5Th. It seems so far away but its only a week and 2 days from today so I can't wait!!!

Thanks for all your support girls. You truly make me feel better and I love having such a great support system. My prayers are with you all in your journeys. I hope your all doing well.

9 comments:

Just Believing said...

hey girl! just checking in and glad to hear things are moving right along! you must be super excited getting ready for all the nesting and nursery fun!

Alicia_B said...

I can't wait until I start to feel my baby move! How much fun to start putting together the nursery and think about showers!

Michelle said...

There's NOTHING like a clean house! I'm a bit of a clean-oholic! :) I freak out when the house gets too messy, so I can relate!

Glad to hear everything's going well AND you had a successful shopping visit!
~Michelle

ashley said...

I felt that way too if I didn't snack I would feel sick. So, I started snacking on something just about every two hours and voila, 28 pounds later here I am. ;) Maternity pants are a pain in the butt, really not the most comfortable things to wear but will soon be a necessity. I cut the elastic band out of all my pants. You'll find some eventually that you like, I hope. Oh and I'm scared to death to give birth. Now that it's so close, I'm really thinking about it. It's too scary. Keep up all the good baby growing, you're doing fantastic!

Erin said...

Your lucky you dont fit into maternity pants! When I was prego two years ago the shirts that where instyle then where great as well so i didnt have to wear many maternity shirts! It was so nice!

Straubles said...

dang. i just lost the whole post that i wrote! anyway. i have the same exact problem with pants and maternity tops. i use a rubber hair band as a button expander on my pants and then went and bought some cute loose tops that should be ok for the rest of the pregancy. my problem is that all the tops end up being short, but a nice long tank top underneath seems to work. you look fantastic!

Emily said...

How exciting! I always thought that feeling the baby move was the best part about pregnancy! It always brought a smile to my face! And have you tried the bella-band for pants...they are AWESOME!

Emily said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and the compliment. ;) I'm not sure if the one from Motherhood is an actual "bella-band" as far as the brand...I'm sure there are a few different kind out there. This is the kind I had...
http://www.bellablumaternity.com/bella-band-ingrid-isabel-p-3010.html

Grace said...

Hi Meant to be a Mom, it is so nice to be here in your blog and read your great post.
How is your weekend? :)