Wednesday, October 20, 2010

baby names.

I know it might be a little bit early to be talking names. However, I'm not one of those people who can just pick a name and name my child that name forever without putting some time and energy into it. I change my mind, so I need time to sit on a name before settling. Hubby and I like to have 2 girls names and two boys names picked out before we find out the sex. Once we know what we are having we will have our top two names and will choose from them when we are ready. For now we just have two long lists we are going through to narrow it down. Although it won't necessarily make or break our decision, I thought it would be fun to list our names we are talking about and see what you girls think. Input please.

Boys list favorites first
1. Bradley
2. Liam
3. Max
4. Carson
5. Blake
6. Brody
7. Dawson


Girls list favorites first
1. Blakely
2. Karson
3. Lane
4. Delaney (hubs doesn't like this one)
5. Hailey
6. Spencer
7. Mattison (love this classic name but I feel like its SOOO popular and that turns me off of it.)

I might add or change these lists up in the next few weeks, but for now these are the choices.

31 comments:

albert & codie said...

Oh my goodness ... so excited for you guys! Can't wait to know the sex! I hope you feel better soon! C

Bethany Lenhart said...

I love Blakely and Lane for a girl!!!!

Congrats again! I am so so SO happy for you. It seems a bit surreal!

Erin said...

Love the name Blakely for a girl . . . Blake was on my top top top when O was prego with Avin but the hubs said no!

Liam is so pop after whats her name named her baby that!

Can't wait to see what you name the baby!

Kelli said...

What a wonderful surprise to be expecting again! Congrats!

Jillian Marsden said...

LOVE your names! I have a Liam, so I think that's my favorite boy name on your list! :)

My other kiddos are Jude (boy) and Ramsey (girl)- of course they are what I picked so I'm partial, but I have to say I've always been happy with them!

I also think Spencer is adorable for a girl!!

jenn said...

ahhhhh, the picking of the names....i remember those days! ha, we never did agree on a boys name, good thing finley came out a girl!!!

The Dimino's said...

I Love the names Karson for a girl and Brody for a boy!!
I have a name picked out for our baby girl but I just have to get my husband on board for the middle name!! LOL

Candice said...

I pretty much like all the boys names, especially Blake and Liam.

Just and opinion, everyone has one, but I'm not a fan of boys names for girls. My BFF's little boy is Lane. Karson, Spencer = boys name. I think Blakely would be mipronounced (Blakesly). The only girls names I like are Delaney and Hailey. I love the name Hailey.

Tiffany said...

Love Brody and Delaney!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

haha i had delaney on my list back when i had my 1st child! but i was having a boy and was listening to the weather on the radio...grayson county was having a storm...i fell in love w/the name grayson! so hence how his name came about! hahaha

sorry u didn't ask but you had me thinking of delaney

Jody said...

I love the name Karson for a girl. We actually had that name picked out for our little one for awhile, we were going to spell it Karsyn! Very cute. All are very cute, but that was my favorite one! As so boy names my faves would have to be Max or Brody! Good luck with the naming process when you find out what you are having!! How exciting :)

Newlywed Next Door said...

OK since you asked for us to weigh in, I'll respond and be honest! :)
Boys list favorites first

1. Bradley - love
2. Liam - LOVE! Although it's getting quite popular fast - which makes me sad.
3. Max - Good
4. Carson - Makes me think of a bad neighborhood in Los Angeles
5. Blake - Cute. My cousin named her son Blake.
6. Brody - I like Brady better than Brody
7. Dawson - All I can think of is Dawson's Creek, sorry!


Girls list favorites first
1. Blakely - Cute
2. Karson - People will have problems spelling it her whole life. TRUST me on this one :)
3. Lane - Maybe Elaine/Elaina and Lane for short?
4. Delaney - Love this name. Maybe hubs will come around?
5. Hailey - Cute, but seems more like name from the 1990s?
6. Spencer - Never heard this for a gal, but could work
7. Mattison - Way overplayed, sorry! What about Addision?

Have you been to Nameberry.com? I LOVE that site!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

Congrats on the baby, Melissa!!

I LOVE Brody. I think Cooper and Brody sounds so cute!! For girls, I adore Delaney, Blakely and Mattison. Madison IS popular, but that spellng is so unique!!

Unknown said...

Love Blakely!!

Annette said...

Wow, I'm still just so thrilled for you. My sister-in-law is expecting, and it's making me think about trying again...hmmm.... My votes for names don't seem to be popular but I like Bradley and Hailey. I look forward to seeing what you choose or if you pick a name entirely different from this list!

kkasun said...

Congrats on the pregnancy. I LOVE Carson or Karson and Blakely! Also love Bradley!

Honestly Hailey is soooo popular, so if you are going for more unique, that might not work and all I can think of for Brody is Brody Jenner.

Ashley said...

I love Brody for a boy and Delaney or Blakely for a girl. Great choices!! Can't wait to hear what you pick.

Jill said...

I like Brody and Lane.

Erin said...

I stumbled on your blog a while ago from a fellow twin mommy blog. Congrats on 2nd baby on the way!! My twin girls names are Brooke and Brynn.

I LOVE Bradley. I wanted that for a boy name(but its my brothers and hubby thought it would be weird) and Brody was one of ours too! Love Max, and also Karson (but for a boy).

Delaney is adorable and so is Hailey! Whatever you choose, will fit the new baby perfect! Why is it so hard to name babies? It took us forever to come up with names, but as soon as we found out what we were having it was easy for some reason... Good luck with the decision making! Congrats again:)

Open Roads Mama said...

Liam and Brody for a boy, Hailey for the girl ;)
So exciting!!!! And, I know, picking a name was super hard for us too - I think it's good to start thinking names early and have time to 'sleeping on it' for a good few weeks too! :)

Jessica said...

My favorites are Bradley & Spencer. I also like Delaney. Maybe if it's a girl yall could name her Delaney & call her Lane for short?! Then that would cover 2 names on the list! Good luck! I know you'll be pick the perfect name for that little miracle!

kim_brough said...

Ultimately, it's ya'lls decision and what some stranger says on your blog doesn't amount to a hill of beans... but since you allowed comments here is mine.

Just be very mindful of spellings, especially if it's a "common" name that is spelled differently. My frist name is Frances and gets mispelled Francis ALL the time and to make it more confusing I go by Kimbrough (or Kim), my middle name. I get SOO sick of having to spell my names (including my last name) all the time.

Hope you feel fab soon and can enjoy this blessed pregnancy!

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

Boys - Liam, Max and Dawson.

Girls - Lane and Delaney (LOVE THOSE) and have you ever thought of Madden?? A friend of mine named her girl that instead of Maddison (Mattison). Just an idea.

So excited for you!!

Lindsay said...

Ohhhh sister! Blakely is our girl name too, so I vote it a GO! Love it!! I'm so very excited for you! I'm just going to say it's a girl, bc every Momma needs bows & tutus! :) xoxoxo

Brooke said...

You have good taste in names. I wont tell you my pick because I like them all! Congrats! What an amazing blessing.

Erin W said...

Congratulations! I have been on vacation for a week and never got to check back and read your post!!! SOOOO excited for you! This is wonderful news! God is so very amazing!

I love all of these names. They all sound great with your currently family names. Whichever you choose it will be perfect. Can't wait to follow along! What a blessing!

Annie said...

We have such similar tastes in names!! OF COURSE I like Blake...since I already have one :)....if number 2 was a boy we were going to name him Max. BUT, she is a girl...and we are still trying to decide!!

Shannon said...

OMgoodness! Blakely was on our short list...but we changed our minds since it's also a park around here and thus pretty common in town. But I still love love love it! All of your names are great!

Francis said...

Brody is also on my list so I vote for that one! And I love Blake for a girl! You have great list!! I need to get my husband to like some of the names on my list because we don't agree on anything!!

Meagan said...

So I was just doing a little catching up on blog reading and saw your amazing news!! I am so happy for you and your family. I started reading right before you had Cooper when I ran across your blog while researching about PCOS. I was diagnosed around that time and it is really reassuring to see a family that has succeeded at having healthy little ones! Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Tera said...

Since you asked...
I really like all of the boy name options. But as a previous poster mentioned, I do not like boy names for girls... It totally ruins the name for boys because then it no longer seems masculine and I just think there are so many pretty girl names to choose from. I do like Blakely, Delaney, and Hailey though. Have you thought about Laney/Lanie? My sister has twins, Hadlee and Kooper so of course I think Hadlee goes great with your son's name. :)