Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Julianfest 2010, part 1....


I won an award this past week. The very sweet Annette over at http://mommyspirit.blogspot.com gave me this lovely award. Thank you so much Annette.
Being called a foxy mom is definitely a compliment. I would like to think that even though I had a baby I can still be foxy. That doesn't mean I always feel like I am but I try. :)

As for handing this award out.... I just have so many bloggy mom's that would win this one. So I give it to all of you fabulous hot mama's out there that I'm linked to. Each and every one of you ladies are beautiful and foxy.

Do you want to know what award I won't be winning this summer "THE BEST BLOGGER EVER AWARD". Yah, I bet you didn't know about this one???? Well if it was an award I would be failing miserably. I've never been this bad before. I truly believe its because its the summer. I think that once the nice weather starts to float away and the cold creeps in I will finally be free and able to blog daily and read and actually comment on my bloggy friends blogs. Bare with me here ladies. I promise this isn't for forever. "I'll be back" just like the terminator says. Things are just way to crazy right now. I read all of your blogs and I'm usually at work not watching my son and keeping him from getting into things. However lately work has been different. I'm not wanting my boss to think I'm not working and it seems like every time they pass my desk is when I'm caught up and checking blogs. So I decided to lay low for a while and not be on the blogs much during the day. BUMMER FOR ME.
Now all I have is night time. Which leaves about no time at all.

I have a birthday post to do for my husband. He turned 28 last Monday and we had a huge birthday party for him on Saturday. His birthday party is called Julianfest. Yes you read that right. He named it. Its a pretty big deal, people know him, he has many leather bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany :) (sorry I kind of went off on an anchorman kick there).
He basically invites ridiculous amounts of people and I get all sorts of stressed trying to figure out how they will all fit in my house and how to make sure the cops don't show up on my doorstep due to the massive amounts of cars on our street. Luckily the past two years have been great and gone off without a hitch. Julian had a great birthday and enjoyed every minute of it.

Pictures to come.

11 comments:

jenn said...

happy birthday hubby!!!!
julianfest...sound like a par-tay to me!!!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! TAG is the same way about his bday parties. He calls it Gentschfest (our last name). Guys are so funny. I can't wait to see pictures :)

Heather said...

Congrats on your award! It's hard to blog during the summer when you're so busy, I am still behind. Can't wait to see pictures from the birthday!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i think we all need a (fill in your name)______fest! Sounds like fun...esp when someone else is doing all the work! haha

The Conway's said...

Congrats on the foxy award! Can't wait to hear more about the hubby's birthday party!

Valerie said...

First of all, Happy Birthday to Julian! Funny how, as bloggers, we don't "really" know each other, yet over time we feel like we've come to know one another well enough to wish spouses, siblings, children, birthday/anniversary wishes, etc.!

2nd, congrats on the foxy mom award! You always look great in your photos...and you're right, we all deserve to pat ourselves on the back from time to time. It takes a lot out of a gal to work/be a wife/mother, etc.

Finally, don't apologize about your lack of blogging! We've all been there...I'm currently there myself. Just not enough hours in the day to do both digital work and give the necessary love and attention to our little ones. We know you'll be back and we'll just enjoy reading your posts when you're able!

Glad to hear that all is going well...that Julianfest didn't stress you out too much, and that you had a fantastic summer vacation.

Take care of yourself,
Val

Monique said...

Congrats on the award Melissa! You are a great blogger who writes up such interesting posts. Happy Bday to your hubby. Have a great weekend!!

Bridget said...

i love the anchorman quote!

baxter! you ate a whole wheel of cheese and pooped in the refrigerator! i'm not even mad, i'm impressed!

and there's my anchorman kick.

Christa @ Little Us said...

Happy Birthday to the Hubby!

That used to happen to me at work all the time! They never came by while I was doing work just when I was trying to listen to music etc!

Annette said...

You definitely deserved this award--especially now that I know about the Julianfest. That makes you even a "foxier" mama because you hold this special birthday party for hubby. Can't wait to read more :)

Angie said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! And congrats on your award...those are always fun.