Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Video Camera advice.

We are wanting to buy a new video camera. We don't have one and our regular camera does but the microphone is messed up. We want to be able to have these memories to watch one day. I figured I could go online and search whats the most popular brand. But I thought most of you probably have a video camera and could tell me if you like it and why and what the brand is or if you dislike what you bought. Any advice ladies before we go buy one?

I appreciate any tips or info you want to give. We are planning on getting one in the medium price range.

Thanks,
Melissa

12 comments:

Lea Liz said...

Hey Girl! I got one for Christmas last year just in time for Brody! I wanted something small.. I got a Panasonic I am not really sure what name or particular one.. it says Advanced O.I.S.. my dad picked it out for us! I really like it is is small dvd disk with 42x zoom and you can jsut throw it in the diaper bag. The only downfall it doesn't have a built in light so if you arent in a lot of light it is dark!

Goodluck!!

Erin said...

Hey - I sold cameras and camcorders and best buy for 3 years so i know a lot about them. I would recommend a hard drive camcorder. They are the best and the most user friendly. I would recommend Panasonic 1st and then Sony. I would not take into consideration the camera on them, some come with it but its a horrible 1mp. The two devices aren't really ment to go together yet, maybe one day. Only look at the Optical zoom not digital. Also with buying a hard drive camcorder make sure you either have lots of hard drive space on your computer or have an external to back everything up to. You should always have an external no matter what. I have two of them that I back everything up to. I would also recommend getting a service plan because anything with a hard drive can go bad. Don't leave it in cold places or hot places for long periods of time. The disks aren't the best and they are a lot harder to edit. If you are looking at just being able to throw them on your tv and watch from there then they are ok but you also have to remeber that with a disk ( mini dvd ) you have to finalize it before you can view it on the tv. Let me know if you have other questions. I have not worked at Best Buy for 2 years but the only things that have really changed are if you wanted HD ( High Definition ) if you want that then let me know. Hope that helps :)

Dianne said...

Hey there, I just purchased a canon from best buy because you can add a microphone attachment to it and it has a large zoom. You have to put in memory cards. I liked it. With the camera bag, memory card and 2 year service agreement we spent a toatl of 400 dollars. not too bad! We haven't used it yet though!

Just Believing said...

I'll be checking out your blog for tips we want one too!!!

Lindsay said...

Wish I knew sister! :) We are getting one for Christmas. I have been using my camera, but it takes up so much memory that I wanted just a video camera all by its lonesome! So I'll have to check back to see what everyone thinks. I actually saw some at WalMart on sale, small & around $100?? I don't really know if thats good or bad though! :)

Brooke said...

We have a cannon that we have had for a couple of years and use every now and again. But I bought Matt a FLIP camera for fathers day. It is really cool for grab quickly to catch a smile or something cute. It is the size of a cell phone which is also nice because it will fit anywhere! We use it now more just because it is quicker to get and more confinent. It has a usb port so we can just plug it up to the computer and save it or post it on facebook/blog. Good luck!

Emily said...

There are so many good ones out there. We have a JVC and love it.

Carrie said...

Flip Video. Easy to use, easy to upload, easy to share with family and friends. Love, love, love ours. It is small, meaning it fits in my purse, coat pocket, diaper bag.

Erin said...

If you want good quality I would not recommend the Flip. When they came out with the flip it was meant for someone like a biker or a snowboarder! Thats just my opinion though. Sounds like a few people really like it.

Meant to be a mom said...

Thanks ladies. I am going to take all of these suggestions and ideas into consideration when we go to look. Hopefully we can get one before Thanksgiving. I feel like we are missing so many good memories I could be recording with Cooper.
Anyways I appreciate all the info. I have no idea what I'm going for so any help was greatly appreciated.

Mrs. Hammer said...

I don't have any camera tips but I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your whole family praying for Hammer and I. I just got a comment from your DH and I was so touched. It has meant the world to me to have so much support. Thank you so much to all of you!

Kristie Staley said...

I'm not sure how hitech you want to go but I would recommend and Flip Video camera. They are small, portable and easy to use so you can have it with you to capture all the cute momements! Then you just download to your computer. You can design your own cover or pick from tons of colors. They com in HD and non-HD and are not very expesive. I think the most expesive is $229.