Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Today I said my daily prayers

Today I said my daily prayers while in my car. But something was different. I usually say my prayers in my car while driving to work. I turn my radio off and I take some time to talk to God. Its the only time I'm alone and able to really focus on what I want to pray about that day. But today, I dropped my sweet Blakely off for the very first time at her Nana's. Cooper stayed with me, and we were off to the zoo for a mommy and Cooper day. We met his friends from his in home daycare at the zoo today. I felt good and comfortable dropping off Blake. I felt good driving away with my little man for some special one on one time.

I decided that being home has messed with my daily prayers. So I started to say my prayers. Cooper sat quietly in the back seat (probably wondering why the heck his mom was talking to herself). I prayed and talked to God all the way to the sitters house.
At the end of my prayer I said Amen and loudly from the back Cooper said AMEN!
I said to him. Mommy is talking to God. I was praying and thanking him and asking him to please watch over us and keep us safe.
Cooper so sweetly then said "God, "Jesus"?. I said yes... God and his son Jesus.
I love that we have talked to him about Jesus and God. It makes me happy that he recognizes the names even if he isn't really sure who it is quite yet.

My point in telling you guys all of this is....
When we had Cooper things were tough. I was stressed, exhausted, worried all the time. I had some depression trying to get used to everything. Nothing really bad, just some tears and emotions. I couldn't put my faith in God that nothing bad would happen to my baby boy. I had a hard time adjusting to the lack of sleep and to the demands of being a mom. It was just difficult. I loved every second of my time with my baby but it was hard.
This time around I really tried to make sure that I had a different outlook on everything. I wanted to make sure that I enjoyed the early days more this time. Not as much worry, not as many tears and un-needed stress. To my surprise I somehow have handled this baby coming into our world exactly the way I hoped I could.
I have been calm and for the most part happy. The lack of sleep and the running around after a toddler while trying to get used to number 2 has not been bad at all. I am actually doing so good. I'm proud of myself. I know that sounds silly but I am. I am mentally more prepared this time and its helped a ton.
Our little girl is such a blessing, Cooper is such a blessing. Sometimes these past few weeks, I sit back and just think about how truly lucky I am. How great life is and that even with the added stresses and worries of another child. Even with all the craziness around me in life, I'm the happiest I've ever been. I wanted to share this, not to upset those of you still trying to conceive. Not trying to hurt anyone who is going through something painful, or gloat about how great my life is to someone not feeling the same way. But to aknowledge that I am so truly blessed and to thank God truly for these amazing gifts. I'm sure many of you moms reading this know what I mean. I hope you feel this way also. Its such a beautiful way to enjoy your kids. Now I'm not saying everything is always cookies and cream. But I am saying that I'm lucky and thankful.

I just wanted to share this. Today while saying those daily prayers with my sweet little boy listening, It hit me just how happy I am and how lucky I am.
Thank you God, for all you do for us. Thank you for watching over my loved ones. Thank you for caring!

12 comments:

Candice said...

That is great sweetie!! You deserve it!!

Paige said...

This is such a sweet and deserving post. I am so glad that you have been adjusting well since baby 2 came along.

Dianna said...

Sweet blog and I am glad things are going so well for you. I have heard several people say similar things after having a second one. We need to see recent pics of the kiddos!

Jessica said...

This is so sweet. I can totally relate to everything you said. And I'm glad things are easier on you this time around.

Cindy said...

Such a wonderful post! I'm so happy for you! With everything you've been through, it's so wonderful that you're so happy! Motherhood is so rewarding, but so challenging, and it's awesome that you're able to step back and enjoy this time. It's so great to know that we have a Heavenly Father we can trust with our little boys (and girls!). He truly is the ONLY one that can keep them safe. Enjoy these early days...they go so fast! So happy for you!

The Denoves said...

I am so glad that you wrote this. I have been struggling finding time to spend time in the word or even pray. With Nash, working and not feeling well;) I am concerned that this area of my life is last and it should be first. You give me inspiration that I need to put it first and give Nash the example of our relationship with God.

Open Roads Mama said...

beautiful!!! lovely lovely post!

Ms. J said...

That's so awesome and you should feel very proud!! I hope it continues to go well and everyone adjusts smoothly!

jenn said...

what a beautiful post! thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

This is adorable! So cute and genuine!

Cori said...

Beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you are doing so well!!