Friday, May 18, 2012

Blakely Ann an entire year old and shinier than ever!

I am hear to tell you, baby girl you shine like a firework.  I chose to put the song Firework in your birthday video we played at your party (among many other great songs just for you).  But this song just screams Blakely.

"Baby your a firework, come on let your colors burst".  You are the sweetest, most cuddly and adorable and loving and kind little girl.  No exaggerations. You truly are such a kind hearted baby girl.  You aren't hyper or crazy active.  But you get around.  You are a shining light and when you smile the entire room and everyone in it lights up with you.  You bring happiness to all who surround you.
You have a contagious happiness that shines from within you.  I hear it daily from people who are around you, or meet you. That your whole face just LIGHTS UP when you smile, in turn making our faces light up.

That being said, I can't believe my baby girl is one already.
You are walking, running all over the place.  You are talking in bits and pieces.  "Mama, dada, ya!, GET DOWN" These are the common things you say.  But you can seriously repeat just about anything anyone says. 
You are weighing about 23 lbs I think, but we don't go to your appointment until next week.  So we might get some new weight.
Your so tall (I'll tell you that one later also when I get the real answer)
You have 5 teeth (three on top, two on bottom)
You eat literally ANYTHING we put in front of you and you love all of it.  You are a great eater.
You are generally a very happy little miss, but sometimes you turn on your Diva within and you have a little tude.  You have learned to throw fits this past month, you do a dangerous reverse head butt.  You throw your head back really fast and land hard.  Its ridiculous because by the time we realized we have upset you and you its too late.  You are already in full blown head throw back and you hit your head on any floor or surface in the way.  You would think you would learn when you whack your head on the ground hard, but nope you keep doing it.  Hopefully this will pass soon.
You love to play with your brother, especially when he runs from you and you chase him and catch him.  You both just crack up and love it.
You love your Minnie mouse doll we got you for Christmas.  You LOVE your Nana's and papa's.  You LOVE your daddy and you never have troubles falling fast asleep in the nook of mommy's arm under a warm blanket on a Saturday or Sunday.  I love those moments :)

You are doing so many things I wouldn't even know where to begin?  Your growing so fast and so beautifully.  You are an absolute joy and blessing to our lives and we thank God daily for you.  WHAT A BLESSING YOU ARE.

Stay true to the you that we all love and know always sweetie.  You are something special.  Happy first birthday sweet Blakey!  We love you!

3 comments:

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

A whole year already? Wow! That went so fast!! She is beautiful!!! Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating!

Unknown said...

She has the sweetest little smile!! Happy 1st Birthday..........

Annette said...

Happy 1st birthday Blakely! It's obvious that your Mama loves you very much. You sound like such a special little girl!