I fully realized a few weeks ago, just how bad I've really let things get as far as keeping up on posting. When Cooper was a baby, I used my blog as a place to record all the special little tiny moments about his life. The silly faces he made one week, the cold he had the other week, the first time he looked at me and smiled. Anything and everything perfectly recorded by date and time. Fast forward to now. I've become that mom that hasn't even gotten a baby book for Blake yet. :( This breaks my heart to pieces. I don't ever post, I don't record her special moments weekly. I love looking back on Cooper's posts. I want to make sure and save a special post every week for Blake also. But I haven't. Now she's almost 3 months old and I'm realizing how much I've missed recording.
Better late than never right. I'm getting a baby book tomorrow when I go out.
I'm posting at least every two weeks about my kids. END OF STORY!
So this is a letter to my sweet Blake, letting her know some of those special nothings (but really they are everything to me) that she is doing and has done recently.
Dear Blakely,
I can't begin to tell you how special you are to me. You are growing before my eyes and I'm loving every new special trait that you are showing to us each day. Here are some of the things your doing. You smile, a big dimply smile. You love it when I talk to you all high pitch (very annoying to others but hey it makes you smile a huge smile so I don't care). You love to be told your a pretty girl :) You love your brother and you beam at him when he comes near you. You don't like to use your muscles much but that's OK, the doctor says you will and do have tons of muscle mass. You like to watch your big brothers fish tank that plays music, you just stare and smile when its on. Your fine as long as you can see daddy or I but if your in your swing and we leave the room its not good, tears start streaming. You are so so sweet, truly such a cuddler. Everyone thinks you are the most cuddly lump of love ever. You just form to people and hug them tight. You love bath time. You sleep in your bed every single night all night long. From about 10:30 to 5:30 or 6:00. You eat every 4 hours, 4 ounces with cereal in it. You very very rarely cry unless your hungry or hurt. You are honestly a very good little girl.
You and your brother both go to Mrs. Janet's house every day and they just love you. Mommy Misses you both like crazy. You wear size 3-6 months in clothes, size 1 in diapers and you sleep in a swaddle blanket. You have bright blue eyes for now and I'm hoping they stay just like your brothers did. Lately you've been sticking your tongue out and you will do this funny lick thing like your licking an ice cream cone but your not, your actually looking for your fists to lick. its so cute and funny. We crack up watching you. You clasp your hands together and then pull. That's funny also. You like to grab the toys that hang off of your play mat and you hold onto them while watching the light up toy above you.
We are having the time of our lives with you and thank God daily for bringing you to us.
You are so special Blakey!!!
Next I will update on both kids with a picture post. Blake will be 3 months next week and Cooper will be 23 months. I can't believe he's almost two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Very sweet, Melissa! I hope all is well with everyone :)
So sweet.
I know it's tough to keep up. Maybe you could set a reminder on your phone, and do a quick blog from your phone? That way it is always done. I may not have time to write a proper blog, but I can always send a message!
So so so sweet! I'm worried I'm not going to be great at updating a second baby book with this baby. Ugh, I should start looking now for the perfect one. =)
I know exactly what you mean! I don't have a baby book for my Blake yet either! I never really finished Bostons so I guess I'm counting on my blog as a baby book. It gets so overwhelming though!
Post a Comment