So Wednesday night my husband picked up our son after work and told me he wouldn't be home until 6:30 or so. I asked why??? And he told me they had some things to do for mothers day. So I called him on my way home from work to see if I had time to jump in the shower before they got home. I figured I would shave and kill some time since they wouldn't be here instead of taking it after Cooper went to bed and it was getting late.
My husband told me they were running late and to go on ahead and take one.
So at 6:00 on the dot I get into my Teeny tiny shower. Its a very small stand up shower that you literally can't bend over in barely. I can't shave now that I'm pregnant in there because I have no space its that small.
I jump in,wash my hair and suddenly I hear a BANG! I turn and see out of the frosty glass door that the infant whale tube we had for Cooper that we had propped up on the wall outside of the shower had fallen over. I didn't think anything of it.
Instead I kept showering. I let the water get cool and took a really good steamy shower to help my muscles since they have been so sore. I had no hot or even warm water left anymore and I turned off the water. I'm guessing its about 6:20 at this point.
I go to open the door to get my towel and the door is completely wedged shut and won't budge. OH MY GOSH!!!! The whale tube is perfectly wedged between the shower door and the wall of the bathroom... How am I going to get it moved. I can't even get the door open a crack big enough to fit my hand out.
I stood there for about 10 minutes thinking my husband might come home soon and get me out.
Nope!
20 minutes into my water being off I'm getting frustrated and I'm pushing the door hard and really trying to get it to open. Nothing!!
I almost start to cry and I stop myself. I want to laugh but I'm so mad because I feel like I'm never getting out.
I started to think about singing to myself and all I could think of was "I wanna dance with somebody" By Whitney Houston. HAHA.
SO here I was laughing crying, darn near singing 80's tunes to myself waiting for someone to come save me. My legs were hurting and I didn't dare think of sitting, EWE!! That is one of those things that is OH SO gross to me. The bottom of a bath or shower disgusts me. I don't take bath's for this very reason.
At this point its now been 45 minutes, still no husband. Still no help. I have banged on the door so much that the top screws are coming out and I can almost wedge my face out the door to see around the corner of the shower and look at my alarm clock. I can't get my hand out of the bottom or anything and there was no way I could get out. The bottom was still wedged tightly shut.
I waited about 15 more minutes. Its been about an hour now since I turned off the water and I finally decide to try one last time to bang the door open, I tried reaching my hand as low down on the door as I could, I turned my wrist and was almost able to touch the edge of the whale tub so I pushed harder. FINALLY I flicked the edge of the tub with my long finger it just move a little to the side. Just enough for me to slip my body out of the shower.
Oh my gosh, I was stuck Naked, cold, and in a very small tiny space for an entire hour, what a nightmare. Seriously only I could do this.
I ran to my bed and laid down, I thought I might pass out. My ankles and legs hurt so bad and I felt light headed. Ha, I was having a panic attack probably.
I called my husband and of course he was almost home now. I told him what happened and he was like "Oh my gosh, babe, you've been stuck in the shower this entire time".
Yep, only ME!
He got home and checked the door out on the shower, I had completely stripped the top screws and they and even knew ones no longer will screw in up at the top. Woops! I wanted out. It was worth it.
The door is still off and we are in the process of getting it fixed.
It was quite the experience.
I mean seriously stuck in your shower. It seems unreal but nope "THAT HAPPENED".
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









22 comments:
That is so scary.. So glad you were finally able to get out.
oh my goodness, I think I would have had a full blown panic attack!!! Such a funny story though:) Happy Mother's Day!
Oh my goodness!! That is hilarious!!
That is hilarious in a sad, frustrating kind of way!!!
this cracks me up (so sorry!), when i read it on fb, i had to read it outloud to matt...we both got a good laugh...laughing WITH you now of course! not AT you!!!! so glad you were finally able to get out!
Oh my goodness girl, I actually laughed out loud over this story. "I wanna dance with somebody" hahaha!!
I'm glad you got out okay, but I would have been so freaked out!
Enjoy your Mother's Day weekend!! Your baby girl will be here soon :)
I would have about had a panic attack too, but i must say you had me laughing!! Its like something out of a movie actually
Oh my goodness! I would have completely freaked out! I am so glad you were ok and were able to finally get out you poor thing!
I cannot imagine, I would be FREAKING OUT! haha! And, this may be mean but this made me chuckle because I can totally see this happening to myself.
Ha! That's horrible but too funny! For that very reason I would a.) Invest in a larger hot water tank and b.) get a shower curtain!
Hahahaha! This made me laugh so hard! Not to be mean at all...but that is hilarious! I love that you were singing "I want to dance with somebody!" Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!
I wanna see pictures...TOTALLY kidding!
I hope you are doing well!!!
I've been absent from blogland and when i saw your post I HAD to drop by! I thought for sure you would have had that baby by now...just a few weeks shy, I see!
Take care of yourself and watch those whale bathtubs!
Val
OMG!!!! You poor thing!! Good grief, that sounds like a nightmare!!! Glad you made it out of there safe! :)
You poor thing! Glad you were able to get out! Oh, and no, not just you, that would sooooo happen to me. It just hasnt yet!
I was stuck in the shower once for a different reason. I had my gall bladder removed in 05. I had not had a shower in what seemed like forever and I had waited long enough. I felt great! I told my husband I was going to take a shower, so I did. Everything was going well. I didnt try to shave, but I was going to wash my hair if it killed me. I, like you, have a very small shower as well. So, I start washing my hair and suddenly get light headed - hands over head, bad! So, I stopped, stood there, felt better, and tried again. This time everything went black, but luckily I sat down in time. By the time I came to, I was too weak to even stand up or move. So, there I sat. My husband had gone outside to do some yard work, but came in to check on my and found me. I dont remember how long, but he had to lift me out, dress me, and put me back in bed. Needless to say, while I was pregnant, I was not ALLOWED to shower unless he was home! :oP
So, not only you. Sorry so long!
That is horrible. I would have been crying. I would have sat down I always sit in the shower. :)
So glad you finally got out. I can not believe you where in there for an hour.
Poor thing!
Oh my gosh! That would be just miserable! A whole hour?! Seriously?? Wow! Thank goodness you got yourself out of there.
OH NO!!
Love your heart, I would of been in a panic attack after five minutes. haha. I am so glad that you were able to get out.
that is hilarious! i mean, i have tears in my eyes!
omg...that is too funny! oh, and where the hell did whitney come into the situation? LOL
OMG that is so funny but so sad. I can see that happening to me! An hour is such a long time!
I seriously almost had a panic attack reading this. Being closed in that small a space is my nightmare. Gah. Glad you made it out!!
Holy Cow......I would have freaked out!!
Post a Comment